Message Icon Topic: Anyone watch The Walking Dead Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
BignBeardy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote BignBeardy Replybullet Posted: November/19/2010 at 12:19am
Originally posted by freakychild

after seeing the third episode, i'm almost certain of the set-up they've done that i talked about earlier.... 

Ha! I'm currently re-reading the first few issues to see if I can figure the potential plot twist you're referring to!

Have to say I agree completely with what you said earlier about been glad they're not copying the comics 100% - as cool as it'd be to see all our favourite bits brought to life it would ruin it to some extent if you always had a fair idea of what was coming up next.
One of my favourite things about the comic is that you never know just what kind of stunt Kirkman is going to pull next! By occasionally branching away from the comic and bringing in new characters/story arcs I think it's keeping the 'anything can happen... and probably will' vibe of the comics alive. In a way I reckon that's being more loyal to the source material  than if they just copied whats already been done in the comics.

Also having just seen the 2nd episode I'm wondering if they're just bringing in some extra characters as pure zombie fodder so they don't have to kill tons of the main cast members! Anyone agree?

Edited by BignBeardy - November/19/2010 at 12:23am
The whole place is a complete mess. Can't find anything. Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: November/19/2010 at 9:41am
Originally posted by BignBeardy

Also having just seen the 2nd episode I'm wondering if they're just bringing in some extra characters as pure zombie fodder so they don't have to kill tons of the main cast members! Anyone agree?

i definitely agree...
IP IP Logged
mspiggy
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 77

Quote mspiggy Replybullet Posted: December/17/2010 at 6:26pm
I'm starting to read the book series now ..it's definitely an interesting reading, and I love that it goes farther in each book then in each episode. However, I sometimes get confused because some drawing characters look the same :P

Edited by mspiggy - December/17/2010 at 6:26pm
Tee/Piercer/Charlotte,NC

Keep it dry, keep it still, keep it clean
IP IP Logged
Veoto
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Veoto Replybullet Posted: December/17/2010 at 7:29pm
I was really disappointed after the first two episodes. Anyone else?
IP IP Logged
BignBeardy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote BignBeardy Replybullet Posted: December/17/2010 at 10:22pm
I actually loved the first 4, thought the 5th was pretty good but was really disappointed with the finale. Thought it was gonna build to something awesome but it then just sorta fizzled out... like I said disappointing. Looking forward to the next season though! Really hope they go for the prison story arch! It would be nice if a horde made an appearance too...

Edited by BignBeardy - December/17/2010 at 10:22pm
The whole place is a complete mess. Can't find anything. Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!
IP IP Logged
Skookums
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote Skookums Replybullet Posted: January/29/2011 at 2:57pm
I loved it all. I'm zombie obsessed, to the max. the only thing about the show that sucks is how short the session was, and there won't be another till October. thats along time to wait for another 6 episodes. But I will watch at the edge of my seat, wanting to know what happens to that guy and his kid from the first episode, where the fuck did Murl...(no idea how to spell his name) go with one hand. yes I will be waiting for more.
IP IP Logged
CurlsInMyCoffee
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 8

Quote CurlsInMyCoffee Replybullet Posted: January/29/2011 at 3:20pm
I really liked and got into the show which surprised me since I'm not really into the zombie genre.  I really like the thought out cinematography and specific screen shots.  To you readers of the series:  I'm guessing they're pulling from some illustrations in the series [?].
IP IP Logged
freckled20
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 42

Quote freckled20 Replybullet Posted: January/29/2011 at 4:28pm
I never read the comics... didn't even know they existed until my friend told me an episode in but I think that it's a brilliant show. I'm so stoked for the new season to start! My colleague and I go back and forth about Walking Dead all of the time lol

Rick's wife is scum though... hubby isn't even "dead" more than a month and she's already fuckin his best friend/partner.. I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure sex is last on my list in a zombie apocalypse- ESPECIALLY when your son is depending on you to keep him alive.

AND! I can't wait for Merle to pop back in again... it's gunna be SIIIIIICK!
Don't judge me monkey...
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: January/29/2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by freckled20

I never read the comics... didn't even know they existed until my friend told me an episode in but I think that it's a brilliant show. I'm so stoked for the new season to start! My colleague and I go back and forth about Walking Dead all of the time lol

Rick's wife is scum though... hubby isn't even "dead" more than a month and she's already fuckin his best friend/partner.. I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure sex is last on my list in a zombie apocalypse- ESPECIALLY when your son is depending on you to keep him alive.

AND! I can't wait for Merle to pop back in again... it's gunna be SIIIIIICK!

the psychology of it (especially in the comics) is rock solid though...
her husband was dead (Shane told her that Rick was dead)
the world had basically ended, she was alone, except for Carl...
they were decently safe in the camp outside of atlanta, so gaurds were let down....
it's human nature to seek out some amount of companionship and comfort....

the tv show hasn't really dealt with that story line as well as the comics did though....
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: January/29/2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by CurlsInMyCoffee

I really liked and got into the show which surprised me since I'm not really into the zombie genre.  I really like the thought out cinematography and specific screen shots.  To you readers of the series:  I'm guessing they're pulling from some illustrations in the series [?].

most definitely.... there have been live action scenes that seem to be a direct replication of some frames from the comics...
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version