<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
saaaaan
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 21

Quote saaaaan Replybullet Posted: September/07/2010 at 1:24pm
No, Alec got what I was saying.
And I was joking about Godwin's law anyways.. haha
And in Ontario, if I killed someone that attacked me with a knife, I'd go to jail. Especially if they broke into my house and raped me, too. And I'm not joking about that.

IP IP Logged
MontanaPiercer
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 124

Quote MontanaPiercer Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 1:25pm
Montana enacted 'No Retreat' legislation recently. Meaning, to use deadly force, you do not have to attempt to enact a retreat first.

quite simply..... shoot first

for those that think this kind of law doesn't work...look at our Very low crime rate.... when everyone carries a gun (i dont, but i know many who do) people are less likely to try to take your shit.... especially now that we don't even have to pretend 'they were coming right for us'

Montana....Old West..... Get Some!
"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by MontanaPiercer

Montana enacted 'No Retreat' legislation recently. Meaning, to use deadly force, you do not have to attempt to enact a retreat first.

for those that think this kind of law doesn't work...look at our Very low crime rate.... when everyone carries a gun (i dont, but i know many who do) people are less likely to try to take your shit.... especially now that we don't even have to pretend 'they were coming right for us'

america... fuck yea!

IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 2:26pm
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
TattooBox
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 53

Quote TattooBox Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 4:29pm

On the one hand, it's good to have a law that allows you to simply defend yourself. On the other hand, giving guns to everybody necessarily ends up in more big drama, like children killing a few dozens at school the day they feel like it. Another thing that is important to say, about weapons, is that a system that enables anybody to have a gun on him will create necessarily more serious and responsible cops, because in most coutries, cops feel like they can do anything cuz they're the only ones to carry guns. In a state where everybody can shoot back, they have to act a bit more responsible with honnest peole.

Here in Belgium, I live in pedestrian area, and the only cars to pass in that pedestrian area at the hours it's absolutely forbiden to be there in a car are cops. They could come on bikes, they could use their lazy feet, but no, they have guns, they are above normal citizens, they do what they feel like doing...
When you have a arguement with an idiot, the most tangible proof that he's an idiot is his unability to leave peacefully a discussion that can obviously bring nothing.
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by freakychild

america... fuck yea!

+1
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
freakychild
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 40

Quote freakychild Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by TattooBox

On the one hand, it's good to have a law that allows you to simply defend yourself. On the other hand, giving guns to everybody necessarily ends up in more big drama, like children killing a few dozens at school the day they feel like it. Another thing that is important to say, about weapons, is that a system that enables anybody to have a gun on him will create necessarily more serious and responsible cops, because in most coutries, cops feel like they can do anything cuz they're the only ones to carry guns. In a state where everybody can shoot back, they have to act a bit more responsible with honnest peole.

Here in Belgium, I live in pedestrian area, and the only cars to pass in that pedestrian area at the hours it's absolutely forbiden to be there in a car are cops. They could come on bikes, they could use their lazy feet, but no, they have guns, they are above normal citizens, they do what they feel like doing...

this is true, and a bit false, if i must say...

i believe that there is a misconception in other countries about america and our firearm laws... in that, it seems, people from other countries seem to think that americans are strapped to the gills with guns in every pocket and ammo between our teeth...
on the whole, a minority of the public are the ones that actually own firearms, and an even smaller minority own firearms specifically for the purposes of self-defense...
most firearm owners purchase their firearms for the purpose of hunting or to have and shoot on occasion... kind of a "hey, look what i got" kinda thing... very very few law abiding citizens, like myself, actually carry a firearm on their person more than 90% of the time i'm awake and upright...

any citizen over the age of 21 who have never been convicted of a felony (federal, nationwide serious crime like assault or other violent crimes) can purchase a handgun...
however, to carry that handgun, one must have a concealed carry permit that would allow that person to legally carry that firearm into public situations such as parks, places of business, and restaurants... though, state by state, the laws vary immensely..... so much so that it would take pages upon pages for me to lay it out here...

to an extent, your assertion that police officers feel the need to be more cautious is a correct one... however, if an officer with a gun is scared that a suspect may have a gun, that scared officer may have a higher chance of shooting unjustly.... it happens, i'm sorry to say, startlingly often across america... thus is the nature of the beast, i suppose...

of course, there will always be 'gung-ho' young spitfucks fresh out of the academy that will have a higher chance of police violence than a seasoned, experienced, more well trained officer...

Edited by freakychild - September/12/2010 at 5:06pm
IP IP Logged
jakethejake
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote jakethejake Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by TattooBox

often families with guns, are stricter with teaching their children about them and their safety. They're much less likely to find a gun and hurt someone with it.

I despise guns, but grew up with them. My father is a hunter, and I had guns around me my entire childhood. Because of this, he was very strict in teaching me safety with them, and VERY strict about what situations are appropriate for them.
IP IP Logged
TattooBox
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 53

Quote TattooBox Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 6:06pm
Often. The problem is with the ones not concerned by "often".
When you have a arguement with an idiot, the most tangible proof that he's an idiot is his unability to leave peacefully a discussion that can obviously bring nothing.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: September/12/2010 at 6:33pm
most violent gun crimes are not committed by people who follow the law.  thus the wording "gun crime."  the exception to this is when the law itself is inaccurate or too vague to be logical.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version