BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: Penis Tattoo Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 12:01pm
there's no rush to have the piece done though. to date (excluding my first cutting piece) i have travelled for my more "serious" procedures and experiences, well beyond sixty miles. like i said if you've got the design in mind then you can shop hunt. finding someone wouldn't be that difficult. hell, i'm sure my crummy shops will tattoo a penis if it comes up. i don't know if i'd trust them, but i'm sure they would do it.

the main concern in my opinion though is getting what you want for the rest of your life worked out. artist stuff comes later. it is more likely that your plans will fail if you set plans with an artist first and then have to spend however long figuring out what you actually want. they may lose their job, they may move, they may just stop working. if you've got what you want in mind then you can find who you want and have it done the same day if it worked out that way.

i understand being eager to get it sorted but trust me, finding an artist is the least of your concern.
IP IP Logged
Cidmy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote Cidmy Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 12:20pm
i totally agree, we can't say "you can't think this or that" because it is not our right to do so, we can only advise to not judge based upon what a person looks like, but if a person doesn't know better than that and wants to get their junks lamely decorated.... so be it... it only shows the amount of ignorant the world carries.... but i agree with TattooBox and with Kcir...plus... who else noticed that  mr.hardcore dick tattoo didn't get Kcir's joke???

Edited by Cidmy - June/07/2010 at 12:26pm
IP IP Logged
Cidmy
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote Cidmy Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by FLPierce

My point is that most tattoo shops don't do that kind of work, or never did. I don't even know if anyone in a 60 mile radius of where I live even does it. I'd have to speak to someone who has done it before, with pics to prove it and have a consultation first about the limitations of that area. To me that's better than going in being set on something that is probably not even possible.
oh, they probably do...you are just not in their groups enough to know about it.... or you have a mall shop with sticker tattoos ...and dude... i have seen anus tattoos., so penises are not imposible.. so you better start researching before doing whatever "hardcore" penis tattoo you want...  and let me stop here before i start poking fun at this whole thing

Edited by Cidmy - June/07/2010 at 12:25pm
IP IP Logged
freckled20
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 42

Quote freckled20 Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 12:40pm
Well, you keep saying that you want to go to the artist first to have a consultation... what you should do, in my opinion, is draw up or find a couple of designs you like and bring them to the artist. Find out if they are capable of tattooing the design you like and if it's too big, see if they can scale it down. Tattooists are generally very good at redrawing and scaling a piece to your body/the size you would like (if it wouldn't diminish the detail too much) so like Rous, Rick, and Eaten have said, it is best to start off with the design and THEN find an artist that has the skill to tattoo what you would like.

Any Joe Schmo can tattoo a heart on you, but if you have a bigger project in your mind, you should put it down on paper and definitely find an artist who is willing to take on the project for you.

My%202%20Cents
Don't judge me monkey...
IP IP Logged
LucieMay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote LucieMay Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by CheapPerfume

People can be scared of whoever they want to be, as long as they treat everyone with civility. It sucks that certain body mod cultures are considered intimidating or "scary", but everyone has the right to their opinion. We don't have to like it or them, but that's just the way it is.

Telling someone that they can't be intimidated by something is just as bad as them saying that they're intimidated by a culture you identify with.

I don't identify with being heavily modified at all. I merely have a few tattoos and facial piercings and average sized holes in my ears. If I dress in long sleeves and wear my hair down, you can see very little and I pass by most people completely unnoticed. I don't actually have any heavily modified friends really, I'm probably the most modified of the people I hang around with.

I'm not telling anyone how to think, but this is an open forum and as such people discuss things and offer differing view points. She offered hers and I offered mine. I wasn't offensive or vulgar in disagreeing with her.

There are many sorts of people that I don't understand or don't identify with , but that doesn't mean I am frightened of them or intimidated by them. I am simply different to them. I am only intimidated if someone is acting in a threatening or abusive manner. And of course we all make judgements on appearances but it doesn't mean I take their choice in appearance to be personally threatening to me.

Edited by LucieMay - June/07/2010 at 12:57pm
Caustic blonde.
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 1:09pm
Good points. I see the irony in me telling you that you shouldn't tell people not to be scared. lol
IP IP Logged
LucieMay
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote LucieMay Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 1:17pm

Edited by LucieMay - January/02/2011 at 8:50pm
Caustic blonde.
IP IP Logged
Keiran1980
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 74

Quote Keiran1980 Replybullet Posted: June/07/2010 at 8:27pm
Most tattoo shops I have been in do genital tattoos. The shop I work in does genital tattoos. I live in the UK so things may be different in Florida but as far as things go over here most tattooists are happy to tattoo on a penis, but usually charge a higher price than for other body parts.

Genital tattoos are not hardcore, genital removal, tongue splitting, branding and subdermal implants are hardcore. I have several friends who have hardcore modifications like these and I would be more than happy to have them tattoo me. I am more likely to be intimidated by someone's mannerisms than how they look.
The guy who normally tattoos me (and is training me to pierce) is a biker, he is overweight, has missing teeth and swears like he works on the docks, but is is a fantastic artist and a really nice man. He has a really cool family with young kids and he is a great dad. You can not judge how nice someone is by how scary they look.

EDIT - for the record I plan to get my penis tattooed one day, but not in the near future. I have a design in mind.

Edited by Keiran1980 - June/07/2010 at 8:30pm
"Everyone is from somewhere.
Even if you've never been there." - Ian Anderson
IP IP Logged
Dudders
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote Dudders Replybullet Posted: June/08/2010 at 6:32pm
Wow. This is better than any drama or comedy tv show! =]
IP IP Logged
SteveSirenic
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 35

Quote SteveSirenic Replybullet Posted: June/08/2010 at 6:52pm
Haha that's why I hang out with my tattooist. He lost a bet and I'm getting a free black P3n0r. :) 
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need no roads. -ISHC
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version