Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: tattoo removal creams????? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
tikiman
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 11

Quote tikiman Replybullet Topic: tattoo removal creams?????
    Posted: February/28/2010 at 6:35pm
What is up with all the tatto removal creams being advertised lately? Ive been seeing them everywhere. Do these things actaually work? They have to be bad for you, right? Has anyone tried anything like this?
IP IP Logged
wormbuffet
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote wormbuffet Replybullet Posted: February/28/2010 at 6:43pm
If you've seen it on the internet I'm going to assume it's just a scam
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: February/28/2010 at 6:52pm

they work as well as solar powered baseballs.

BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Cale
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 258

Quote Cale Replybullet Posted: February/28/2010 at 7:44pm
There is one that's getting popular here, but its not a full removal. It's patchy and the ink doesn't go away completely (from the ones I've seen). I also saw one that had red marks on it, like it had been burned...it was strange. Either way it doesn't seem like it's as effective as laser treatments. I've seen the laser method completely remove a dark colored dragon head from the side of a neck (you couldn't see it at all after the last session). The creams seem to be best if you just want to lighten something up enough to cover it.
Miss Cale
True Blue Tattoo ~ 303-989-6824
305 S Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80226
facebook.
IP IP Logged
wormbuffet
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 32

Quote wormbuffet Replybullet Posted: February/28/2010 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Cale

There is one that's getting popular here, but its not a full removal. It's patchy and the ink doesn't go away completely (from the ones I've seen). I also saw one that had red marks on it, like it had been burned...it was strange. Either way it doesn't seem like it's as effective as laser treatments. I've seen the laser method completely remove a dark colored dragon head from the side of a neck (you couldn't see it at all after the last session). The creams seem to be best if you just want to lighten something up enough to cover it.

You learn something new everyday
IP IP Logged
Carmeta
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Carmeta Replybullet Posted: February/28/2010 at 9:54pm
but how can this possibly work? what is the cream doing to your skin?
"If only we had more women like her, what a revolution we could have!"
IP IP Logged
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 78

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: February/28/2010 at 11:41pm
Now that Michael Jackson is no longer with us, we will never know.
IP IP Logged
anathematized_1
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote anathematized_1 Replybullet Posted: March/01/2010 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Carmeta

but how can this possibly work? what is the cream doing to your skin?

Well just taking an educated guess...

I'd say it's just a controlled chemical burn.  Kind of like how when you have a wart, you put wart remover acid on it.  I bet it's just burning the first few layers of skin and causing them to shluff off.

I just did a search and I found this.  Look at the first paragraph of the long quote...

The makers of Wrecking Balm boast of their magical product: a cream that causes your tattoo to fade away. The process requires a system of physical tissue deconstruction along with the cream as well as botanical chemical peels.

...in order to be successful with the cream, you must use it consistently for weeks to get any type of results. After a few weeks, your body's ability to renew surface cells becomes stronger and the skin will be regenerated, causing the tattoo to fade.

Sardonicus - Sardonic Misanthropia

Fuck you t('.'t)

IP IP Logged
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: March/01/2010 at 8:50am
I'd guess that it's an alkali

My piss in the wind guess is based on hair removing chemical shit.

Edit:
My assumption was wrong.
I mentioned this thread to someone,
and the first thing they said was "wrecking balm"
thank you for the link.

Edited by felonious drunk - March/01/2010 at 9:05am
IP IP Logged
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: March/01/2010 at 9:02am
I want to know more about what this guy is saying:

wrecking balm is a rip off

I bought the 2 month supply of the wrecking balm(around $200) a couple of weeks ago, and found out that the diffusing cream is just 1% hydroquinone, which can be bought over the counter as a skin lightener at a drug store for about $6. The demo-brasion spray is just an exfoliator spray. I suggest you save your money and go to walgreens to buy the skin lightener stuff along with a nice apricot scrub instead. The wrecking balm directions call for using the skin lightener twice a day, and every third day exfoliate the tattoo.

This doesn't sound like it's a good idea:

Toxicology and health risks of hydroquinone in skin lightening
Background

Hydroquinone has been used for decades as a skin lightening agent. As a result of concerns about mid-term effects like leukomelanoderma en confetti and exogenous ochronosis, its use in cosmetics has been banned since January 2001.

Objective
Until recently no attention was paid to potential long-term side-effects, despite the fact that there are indications that these may exist. It was decided that a clearer picture of these potential long term effects was needed.

Methods
A literature search was conducted with an emphasis on the biochemistry and toxicology of hydroquinone, benzene and related molecules.

Results
It appeared that since 1996 an enormous amount of articles have been published on the carcinogenicity of hydroquinone, benzene and related molecules.

The literature search on hydroquinone as a skin lightening agent suggests that possible long-term effects like carcinogenesis may be expected.

Conclusion
The risks of long-term effects (cancer) of topically applied hydroquinone may no longer be ignored. Based on recent evidence of the potential risks, which are higher than has been assumed up until now, we plead that the use of hydroquinone as a skin lightening agent will be stopped completely.

I want to kick this guy in the nuts:

Tattoos are a perminate mistake

I have two small self made tattoos that I would like to remove. After reading some of the blogs I've decided to use a belt sander and grind them off. Hey, it worked for Russell Crow in the movie Gladiator. I did my tattoos when I was young and foolish. I despise the look of them. People who cover their bodies with tattoos have major emotional trama in their twistewd lifes. Nothing cool about getting any tattoos, regardless of their size.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version