<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: I Have These Strange White Bumps in My Tattoo... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
isellmisery
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote isellmisery Replybullet Posted: December/16/2009 at 6:26am
ive got the same, but i had marks like that before i had the tattoo, apparently its bad circulation, tho to me it looks like permanent goosebumps..
Two cups of tea
one for you and one for me.
two dead police
one for hope and one for peace.
IP IP Logged
heatherfeather
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote heatherfeather Replybullet Posted: December/16/2009 at 10:27pm
those actually sound like what I have on my arms....I don't have a tattoo, but the description is dead on....

I went to my doctor and she said it was some fancy long word with a latin base which pretty much meant...
     condition in which the skin is no longer able to get rid of its dead skin,  so it builds up and creates those white bumps, sometimes they can be a little redish, but they aren't pimples...my doctor gave me this ointment to help the condition...

Are you sure it is tattoo related or could it possibly just be on your tattoo?
IP IP Logged
anathematized_1
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote anathematized_1 Replybullet Posted: December/17/2009 at 9:27am
Originally posted by kcir

Originally posted by anathematized_1

you've either got too much ointment on it (clogging the pores) or a staph infection.  if your skin isn't burning up and super itchy then it's probably to much ointment.  wash your skin with hot water and antibacterial soap vigorously to remove all the mixture from your skin and re-apply 1/4 of what you were applying before.

Oh no these showed up long after I was done using the ointment.  I only used that stuff for the first month, these came up a month after my tattoo healed.

are you putting anything on it?  are they hard bumps or soft pus-filled ones?  is the area around the tattoo affected or just the tattoo?

No, I'm not putting anything on it.  I did manage to pop one, they are kind of hard.  I think it's like he said - ingrown hairs.
Sardonicus - Sardonic Misanthropia

Fuck you t('.'t)

IP IP Logged
anathematized_1
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote anathematized_1 Replybullet Posted: December/17/2009 at 9:29am
Originally posted by heatherfeather

those actually sound like what I have on my arms....I don't have a tattoo, but the description is dead on....

I went to my doctor and she said it was some fancy long word with a latin base which pretty much meant...
     condition in which the skin is no longer able to get rid of its dead skin,  so it builds up and creates those white bumps, sometimes they can be a little redish, but they aren't pimples...my doctor gave me this ointment to help the condition...

Are you sure it is tattoo related or could it possibly just be on your tattoo?

I actually do have that, but only on my scalp - I have really bad dandruff and I get those crusty hard white bumps that kind of look like sand that is ingrained in the skin and I have to pick them out.  I know what you're talking about and that's not what is in my tattoo.

Fuck you t('.'t)

IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: December/17/2009 at 5:50pm
where is this tattoo located?  is it covered by heavy clothing regularly?  is it in a high motion spot?
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
anathematized_1
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote anathematized_1 Replybullet Posted: December/18/2009 at 12:04am

where is this tattoo located?  is it covered by heavy clothing regularly?  is it in a high motion spot?

Inner arm, but my sleeve doesn't hit it.

I popped one and I think they are just ingrown hairs, they're just really hard to pop.

Fuck you t('.'t)

IP IP Logged
rattler
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote rattler Replybullet Posted: March/10/2010 at 8:58pm
was your product petrolatum based?
ive noticed one or two on my leg before, months after healing, but ehh what can you do
IP IP Logged
evelcupcake
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote evelcupcake Replybullet Posted: June/18/2011 at 9:00pm
I TOO HAVE THESE WHITE BUMPS
I HAVE 24 TATTOOS AND MY LAST PEICE IS A 1/2 SLEEVE. TWO MONTHS LATER LITTLE WHITE BUMPS AND 1 LARGER ONE APPEARED. THEY DONT HURT MAYBE ITCH A
LITTLE .AFTER 22 YEARS OF GETTING INK I NEVER HAD THESE UNTILL NOW.. I HAVE BEEN USING A PRODUCT CALLED BIO OIL BUT ITS HELPED A BIT. WILL THESE EVER GO AWAY AND WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE!
IP IP Logged
jim01
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote jim01 Replybullet Posted: June/19/2011 at 12:32am
  i've had some white bumps come up in my tattoos before most of the time it's just an ingrown hair from shaving them

Edited by jim01 - June/19/2011 at 1:08am
IP IP Logged
rednora2
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote rednora2 Replybullet Posted: August/03/2011 at 6:52am
Hello Evelcupcake, was wondering if you found out what they were, I got a tattoo about 5 months ago and noticed the exact same thing!!!!! Im scared! this is the only tattoo that this is happening too.
Frown
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version