Quote pointblankzero Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 5:51pm
That's what he was doing anyway.. He just had money coming in while he was :P
IP IP Logged
LauraOFace
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote LauraOFace Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 5:55pm
I was "Fired"... ./forced to resign ....because i stood up for the old people being washed in cold water / having food taken away early etc.

I complained and nothing was done.. so i was going to report it.

My manager then accused me of breaking confidentiality and abuse of an old women...... I was then found guilty of abuse and its on my record for 6 mnths. It was done internally and i was not allowed to speak to anyone at work to get statements of proof i was innocent. It was done wrong, i was wronged.

15 months of care work 7 nights most weeks.... taken away
Ruined my life.

I win.

Edited by LauraOFace - November/19/2009 at 5:56pm
Gone wandering
IP IP Logged
sweetsugar
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote sweetsugar Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 6:43pm
I've been fired too. Frown It was because I didn't want to kiss my bosses' ass and she didn't like that I was earning a salary that she believed to be too much money. Her boss agreed on my pay before I was hired, but she was angry that she was overruled and didn't want me around. She tried very hard to make my work life so miserable that I would quit. I stuck it out for almost two years, and in that time I guess she realized I wasn't quitting so she made up some lame excuse to her boss that I wasn't handing in my work on time to legitimize firing me.

I was very upset at the time but it turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to me! When I was at the job, I didn't realize how it was taking a toll on my health and well being. Being fired gave me time to think and it also gave me a chance to reevaluate everything I was doing in my life to be able to make it better. Smile

Edited by sweetsugar - November/19/2009 at 6:44pm
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 7:01pm
He's actually glad to be leaving the company, but he's just upset because now instead of having a guaranteed paycheck until December while he hunts for jobs, he's now unemployed. I think he just hit a patch of good luck, though, as he's had several calls today about interviews for next week. So, yay!
IP IP Logged
sweetsugar
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote sweetsugar Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 7:05pm
I understand how it feels to miss those paychecks, but it sounds like his luck is getting better! Hope he finds a job soon. Smile
IP IP Logged
Terri-Sian
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 50

Quote Terri-Sian Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by LauraOFace

I was "Fired"... ./forced to resign ....because i stood up for the old people being washed in cold water / having food taken away early etc.

I complained and nothing was done.. so i was going to report it.

My manager then accused me of breaking confidentiality and abuse of an old women...... I was then found guilty of abuse and its on my record for 6 mnths. It was done internally and i was not allowed to speak to anyone at work to get statements of proof i was innocent. It was done wrong, i was wronged.

15 months of care work 7 nights most weeks.... taken away
Ruined my life.

I win.

care really like to royally fuck you over dont they?

apparently i was a coke addict (someone decided to gossip about me, the information she received came from her cousin who worked with my then boyfriend)
apparently i used to come into work high. they could tell this because i worked too fast and ate.

???

i then apparently treated a client roughly and got angry at another oh and drove the mini bus erratically.
these statements turned out to be false.

when i tried to report an abusive situation previously no one listened. This was not taken into account. nor was the fact that our manager was being hauled over the coals for having a relationship with another member of staff...

basically i was let go and because they could not prove anything my record clean and they paid £300 towards legal bills...

6 months before this i was signed off due to mental health issues and since that point everyone was looking of a way to get rid of me. I was stripped of all responsibilty and wasnt allowed to continue with my NVQ

im never pouring my heart and soul into a job again unless i own it.
"I am selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times hard to handle... But if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!"

- Marilyn Monroe
IP IP Logged
freetobeme
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote freetobeme Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 10:39pm
[/QUOTE]

+1 casilion , or more!

I would rather die than work for a company ever again! I am self employed, and as happy as you can be doing that! =)
IP IP Logged
Terri-Sian
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 50

Quote Terri-Sian Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by freetobeme

+1 casilion , or more!

I would rather die than work for a company ever again! I am self employed, and as happy as you can be doing that! =)
[/QUOTE]

next year's goal would be to have our own studio. we're doing pretty well with it all so far and already getting next year's event into place...
"I am selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times hard to handle... But if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!"

- Marilyn Monroe
IP IP Logged
kvinna
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote kvinna Replybullet Posted: November/19/2009 at 11:18pm
I technically got fired from my first job for asking if I should clock out or stay for overtime on my first shift.  My boss didn't speak English well and thought I was saying I would not stay, so he fired me.  Later, another employee explained what I was really asking and the boss apologized and asked me to come back.  I was pissed and told him I would never come back to work for him.  And I got a new job the next day lol.
If you think I have better things to do you're sadly mistaken.
IP IP Logged
LauraOFace
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote LauraOFace Replybullet Posted: November/20/2009 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Terri-Sian

I know how you feel. I worked pretty much 7 nights a week. Held hands when they cried and when they died and was there for everyone. And the ones I left behind.. I miss them to hight hell and back.

I doubt ill ever care that way again.

Care homes are all fuckers.
Gone wandering
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version