<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Stretched lobe sticking out - the fix? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
pn11
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote pn11 Replybullet Topic: Stretched lobe sticking out - the fix?
    Posted: September/26/2009 at 2:59am
Hey,

I've been stretching for 1 year and 9 months now and have made it to 26mm / 1", which is far from my goal at 44mm / 1 7/8". However, when I started stretching, like many others, I stretched to fast. I've had one blow out and two infections and have always downsized and let them heal. Still, as I increase in size every second to third month, the lobe seems to keep sticking out more rather than hanging straight. The mistake I made this time was buying scilicon tunnels which weigh close to nothing, but it would happen anyway. I went to the most acknowledged piercing and tattoo studio in my city and was told to rub vitamine-e oil on it for some months and it should get better and hang nicer. I've been using this for 2 months now, morn and night, and I see no improvement on the hanging, however the blownout skin scars and thinkness is much better.

Does this work for the hang or is there another method I should try? Or is this just how it has to be? See picture.

IP IP Logged
rustyEars
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote rustyEars Replybullet Posted: September/26/2009 at 5:51am
I find when i wear my silicone tunnels they stick out a bit more try using a heavier tunnel i have stainless steel top hat tunnels and they have a nice weight to them and hang better
IP IP Logged
pn11
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote pn11 Replybullet Posted: September/26/2009 at 8:47am
The silicone ones sure make them stick out more than stainless steel ones, but the problem still occours. I don't know if it is fixable or just the shape of the lobe in the first place which is the cause, but seeing as the pericring studio said it would get better by rubbing e-oil on it, I assume it is something that atleast can be improved.

These are the first silicone's I've ever bought, because a freind said they were comfier to wear, and when it comes to sleeping, I would agree. However, I much prefer stainless steel ones.
IP IP Logged
pointblankzero
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote pointblankzero Replybullet Posted: September/26/2009 at 8:53am
You sleep in them?
IP IP Logged
pn11
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote pn11 Replybullet Posted: September/26/2009 at 10:14am
I was told that when stretching it is essential or the lobe will keep going back in size and you won't be able to get to a new size. No idea if this is bullshit, but that's what I was told when I got my ears pireced and stretched in a studio the first few times, and what the studio here in Bergen told me. However, when my goal was reached, I should start sleeping without them. I take them out every morning and night though for about 10-15, and massage them with e-oil.

Edited by pn11 - September/26/2009 at 10:15am
IP IP Logged
colderyourtouch
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote colderyourtouch Replybullet Posted: September/26/2009 at 12:50pm
maybe it is just your ear anatomy, did you have attached or unattached earlobes before you started stretching?
i just had this discussion with some of my friends, some with stretched attached earlobes have them "sticking out" more than hanging straight
but this might not be the case at all it was just coincidence lol
IP IP Logged
freshccs
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 283

Quote freshccs Replybullet Posted: September/26/2009 at 7:58pm
it could be the position your lobes were pierced to begin with, if they were pierced at a slight angle and not straight in, it could be the cause of why they hang outward and if this is the case there is no fixing it.. and i know it sounds weird but its hard for me to explain with out showing what i mean..
""no one expect girls to do shit like this.. a girl can only be a slut, a bitch, a tease, or the virgin next door""
IP IP Logged
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 78

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: September/27/2009 at 12:10am
from the picture on the right,
it appears that you did have attached earlobes.
I think I see a web of skin.
Can you show a better picture of the bottom lobe meeting your jaw?
To recommend the solution to that, would categorize myself as an asshat.
I found that sleeping with them in reduces them in sticking out,
but I don't have attached earlobes.

IP IP Logged
pointblankzero
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote pointblankzero Replybullet Posted: September/27/2009 at 9:34am
Originally posted by pn11

I was told that when stretching it is essential or the lobe will keep going back in size and you won't be able to get to a new size. No idea if this is bullshit, but that's what I was told when I got my ears pireced and stretched in a studio the first few times, and what the studio here in Bergen told me. However, when my goal was reached, I should start sleeping without them. I take them out every morning and night though for about 10-15, and massage them with e-oil.

Sound like BS. I'm stretching to 2", and I'm at 5/8" (nearly at 11/16, using PTFE tape) and I sleep with them out every night. Just vit E in the morning and lube when a new layer of tape is on :) (altho that has to be done anyway, PTFE is dry)

Your ears need to breathe for a few hours =]
IP IP Logged
AmiiMetalFace
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote AmiiMetalFace Replybullet Posted: September/27/2009 at 11:43am
It's not bs, pointblank :) It's just how some people prefer to do things. I myself take them out after a shower for about 20 mins, but I sleep with mine in. They've been at 9/16" (14mm) for about six/seven months now, and so they'd unlikely shrink, but I wouldn't want to take them out anyway.

Some people prefer to sleep with them in, some don't. Some people's close up real fast, some don't. And probably when they're at a smaller size (eg like mine) they'd be more likely to close up a little than if you're at say, 44mm like OP's goal. :)
AMII(L)ANOO&BABA

AMII(L)SOPHIE

29 weeks. :3 due 1st April 2010!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version