<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: bad advice/misguidance you have received? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 78

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: February/01/2010 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Cale

You can say whatever your little heart desires.

Scum cunt cock sucking ass fuck shit licking titty fucking ass christ
IP IP Logged
BritnyTheGirl
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote BritnyTheGirl Replybullet Posted: February/27/2010 at 7:21pm
When I first got my ear pierced -i got it done with a gun, not my choice, i was young- They told me how to clean it the wrong way, and I actually did have  the skin grow over the back of it and i had to get surgery, haha. Since I have been a lot more careful.

Edited by BritnyTheGirl - February/27/2010 at 7:23pm
"Everything is bad for you! Living is bad for you, it ultimately results in death."
IP IP Logged
ZackFaire13
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote ZackFaire13 Replybullet Posted: January/05/2013 at 11:10am
I first got my ears pierced at Claire's when I was 11, and they told me to twist the jewelry. I'm also pretty sure what they sell to clean the piercing isn't a saline solution......

Then there was the friend I was talking to about beginning to stretch my lobes. When I talked about buying the smaller sizes, she said that was too expensive. She just bough a 4g and shoved it in her 18 or 20g holes! (ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch) She also apparently used baby wipes to keep the stretched piercing clean.
A man chooses.
A slave obeys.
IP IP Logged
CheapPerfume
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote CheapPerfume Replybullet Posted: January/06/2013 at 2:39am
The only bad advice I've gotten was from going to Claires to get my ears pierced when I was 14. I didn't know there was another way to get them done, and apparently my parents didn't either. Obviously I got the whole gun treatment plus "twist the jewelry and use this cleaner stuff" on them just the same as everyone else who got their ears done there. Nothing bad came of it, surprisingly.
IP IP Logged
AyaMcCabre
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote AyaMcCabre Replybullet Posted: January/06/2013 at 9:57pm
One of my local shops recommends (and sells) tea tree oil for anything that isn't a tongue piercing. Not surprisingly I had some problems with the piercings I got there.
I also had an ex try to talk me out of stretching slowly because she just shoved 0g tapers through her (fresh) 20g lobe piercings and it was fine. This was in the same conversation that she tried to tell me I shouldn't stretch at all because all stretched lobes look wrinkly and gross.
Time is on my side she said
He may be on your side I said, but it makes no difference in the end -
He's coming after you my friend.
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: January/06/2013 at 10:37pm
I was at a local gas station about a week ago. I went inside to pay, and the girl at the counter asked me how painful it was to "gauge" my lip (my ear work was hidden by my hat that I was wearing, so she didn't see how large my lobes are). I told her I got it scalpelled, and that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She then proceeded to tell me how "stretching is more like a tearing, ripping feeling. No matter how much you rip your lobes they WILL grow back together."Bang%20Head I paid for my gas and got the hell out shaking my head.. I was too cold and tired to tell her how stupid she was.

Edited by tattooedtrish - January/06/2013 at 10:38pm
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
tattooedtrish
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 46

Quote tattooedtrish Replybullet Posted: January/06/2013 at 10:44pm
Was also told by a former co-worker probably two years ago that using sea salt soaks for healing piercings is very bad for you, and that I should use axle grease to heal any new ones (I shit you not!!). He supposedly uses it on all of his (mostly genital work, so he said), and because he used the axle grease his tragus healed in two weeks. He was very adamant that sea salt soaks are the worst thing ever (even after I tried explaining how they work), and piercers lie to you to make you use them. I sure as hell hope that no one takes his advice on how to heal a piercing.
My avatar (my 4th suspension) thanks to The Holy mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota.
IP IP Logged
SammRoxanne
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote SammRoxanne Replybullet Posted: January/08/2013 at 1:37am
Originally posted by FocalVoid

the same piercer who told me to clean my piercings with soap and sea salt, told my cousin just to gargle listerine mouth wash for her labret.

Just

I've herd of quite a few, I live in a city with 8 piercings shops within 4 blocks of each other,
Out biggest street, has 6 of our piercing shops on it.

Well there are some crazy stories;
What has happened to me:
To use tea tree oil on a KELOID, and it will go away, If not, you are not using it right.
*Apparently I found out later, that keloids can't be stopped with tea tree oil. They actually have to be cut off, along with the skin around it to insure it doesn't come back.

FROM A DOCTOR-> after my surgery on the keloid, to "Leave everything about the stitches along. But in 10 days if you can move the stitches and your ear doesn't hurt, to just take a nail clipper and cut the stitches yourself.
-- I ended up with the Blue plastic stitching still inside my ear, and it healed up over it, this was two years ago, I just got the blue stitching out with tweezers * It surfaced* About 2 months ago.

That the crummy piercer that I hate that works at my favorite shop told me about my industrial And I QUOTE " Oh we don't let it heal in two bars, that's just a waste of money, and there's no way your ear can reject it, that's pierced through cartilage"

From everyone else- or what I have herd around town-
To use toothpaste to stretch,
that going up 2 sizes in guages is okay,
That using Peroxide, alcohol, Polysporin, Neosporin and more, are great for your piercings.
that taking blood thinners, will decrease swelling ( )

That For 5$s more, you can get surgical steel piercings.
That internally threaded piercings are a joke, and should never be used. * I almost cried laughing at that when I herd it *

And all the usual's, from electrical tape, to turning a piercing, to even playing with it as long as you have hand sanitizer on your hands.
IP IP Logged
ParalyticPoison
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote ParalyticPoison Replybullet Posted: June/03/2013 at 2:34am
"Do it with a gun, it's cheaper and you don't hae to keep the jewelery they do, you can change it the next day"

And even worse, while asking in a tattoo/piercing shop
"You can have a piercing for [larger amount of any other shop] and i'll do it a 14g, you pick the jewelery, or you can get it with a gun [double the price of any gold shops etc that use guns] and it will be 20g"
IP IP Logged
Vio_Lynn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Vio_Lynn Replybullet Posted: October/18/2013 at 9:02am
The horrible advice I've heard for new piercings over the years:

- Twist the jewellery
- Clean it with rubbing alcohol
- Take the jewellery OUT to clean it then put it back in
- It's perfectly fine to have your navel heal with a cheap sterling silver barbel
- Neosporin keeps foreign bacteria out of your piercing
- Beer helps new piercings heal a lot faster. (wish I was joking about some of these....)
- Leave the piercing covered with a bandaid for the whole healing time
- Spray bactine on it a minimum of 6 times a day
- Acrylic and silicone are the best materials for a new piercing because they work so well with the body
- Putting antifungal cream on it will prevent the growth of any bacteria

And for the most recent one I've heard (I think this might be a be a new one for you guys)...

- Soak the fresh navel piercing in Epsom salt 5 times a day. And if you don't like the barbel it was pierced with it's okay to change it out yourself after about 2 days

(As added information.....I was able to correct most of these people, but sadly a few were convinced that the way they were doing it was working perfectly and that their red, itchy skin meant that it was healing up nicely)

Jesus H. Fuck......

Edited by Vio_Lynn - October/18/2013 at 9:04am
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version