Page  of 2 Next >>
Adam
BMod Admin
BMod Admin

Total Mods: 72

Quote Adam Replybullet Topic: London Tattoo Convention '09
    Posted: July/17/2009 at 11:11am

Click for Full Size

***MASSIVE FIFTH LONDON INTERNATIONAL TATTOO CONVENTION 25/26/27 SEPTEMBER @ TOBACCO DOCK, WAPPING E1W 2SF***

The London International Tattoo Convention will celebrate its fifth anniversary at the vast, vaulted Victorian Tobacco Dock building on September 25/26/27, the location of 2008's hugely successful, tumultuous event.

Established in 2005, The London International Tattoo Convention has attracted HUGE amounts of media coverage worldwide over the last four years and become THE Number One Alternative Event Of The Year in London, let alone one of the most crowded and important conventions in Europe.

Having outgrown its original Old Truman Brewery location after only three years, the London International Tattoo Convention moved to Tobacco Dock in 2008 to accommodate the ever increasing general public"s interest in body art.

Last year more than 20,000 people thronged this completely renovated hidden treasure of beautiful Victorian architecture at 50 Porters Walk, Wapping, London E1W 2SF, just a few minutes from Tower Bridge.

Built in 1812 to store and market tobacco imported from the East, Tobacco Dock last year proved the perfect new location for this vibrant and varied event, with acres of space for the hundreds of stalls, studios, exotic burlesque and esoteric dances, shows, exhibits and art events on site.

The ground floor of Tobacco Dock, where the main Tattoo Convention takes place, has a large purpose built bar and restaurant, a fully rigged concert stage, and a huge amount of segregated sterile spaces for over 190 of the world"s top tattoo artists to practise their art in public. For a full list of artists go to www.thelondontattooconvention.com/artists.

The massive, spectacular underground vault floor, with extensive sprawling nooks and crannies, hosts a fetish market, a varied and vibrant alternative market place, coffee shops and other chill out zones with bars licensed until 1.00am. The "Vince Ray Rock"n"Roll Voodoo Crypt", hosted by the man himself, will once again have a nightclub vibe created by none other than Torture Garden, who provide numerous dark, alternative sideshows and entertainment.

The 2009 Convention will once again feature a host of diverse related attractions, including an Anthropological Exhibition (created by Lionel Titchener of the Oxford British Tattoo History Museum), an Art Fusion Camp plus various Art Exhibitions (1,000 Oriental Number 2), spectacular cabaret, celebrity book and calendar launches (Vikki Blows) live bands and much, much more.

The biggest show of all, however, will once again be that offered by the visitors themselves, who become the lead characters when they compete in the tattoo contests for different categories, such as Best Tribal, Best Backpiece, Best Black & Grey, Best Colours and Best of Show.

For more info check www.thelondontattooconvention.com from which tickets are available, priced at £20 per day or £50 for a three day pass.

History

Tattoos have exploded from being a minority interest (mostly associated with sailors, soldiers and nobility), into the mainstream public"s consciousness in the last decade and It is only fitting that London should host the biggest International Tattoo Convention in the world, as it could be argued that modern western tattooing originated here. Captain James Cook, who discovered Tahiti and its tattooed inhabitants in 1769, coined the word "tattoo", inspired by the "Tat-Tat" sound of the hammer hitting the needle piercing the skin. He brought the heavily tattooed Prince Omai back to London, and sparked huge interest in body art, which had virtually disappeared in Europe after a papal bull banning it was issued in 787AD.

4moreinfo - Roland Hyams on 020 / 8677 8466 / 07768 156392 / roland@workhardpr.com

www.thelondontattooconvention.com

June 24th 2009.

35 FARM AVENUE LONDON SW16 2UT     TEL: 020 8677 8466     /    07768 156392
roland@workhardpr.com    www.workhardpr.com

Edited by Adam - July/17/2009 at 11:12am
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: July/17/2009 at 11:15am
oooooh i think i might just have to go to that!
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: July/17/2009 at 11:25am
I would like to go there, don't know if i have the money though. I will see and let you know :)
IP IP Logged
sapphirelazuli
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 122

Quote sapphirelazuli Replybullet Posted: July/17/2009 at 11:55am
It was pretty good last year, although quite hard to find. Coulda signposted it better!
[ zara | 25 years old | scottish | body piercer ]
IP IP Logged
broken
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 13

Quote broken Replybullet Posted: July/17/2009 at 3:24pm
Best convention in the world. Wouldn't miss it! I agree it's harder to get to than the old Brick Lane site, but it's a much better venue. Plus I won 3rd best of show with a Robert Hernandez masterpiece! lol
IP IP Logged
TattooBox
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 53

Quote TattooBox Replybullet Posted: July/17/2009 at 3:54pm
I think I'll go to London convention this year.
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: July/17/2009 at 4:21pm
OMG Rouslan would you please?????
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
isellmisery
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote isellmisery Replybullet Posted: July/17/2009 at 9:49pm
Im tempted, depending on money issues because i think ill just have moved to manchester...
Two cups of tea
one for you and one for me.
two dead police
one for hope and one for peace.
IP IP Logged
mrDahmer
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote mrDahmer Replybullet Posted: July/18/2009 at 6:03am
I may well go. Shouldn't be an issue for to get there :)
IP IP Logged
minky-me
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote minky-me Replybullet Posted: July/27/2009 at 3:01pm
ooooh tempting, plus another excuse to go to London!!!! 
Silence!! I kill you!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version