<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercing Experiences
 BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: Thinning earlobes after 1 1/2 & allergy to acrylic Post Reply Post New Topic
Vox_Abattoir
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote Vox_Abattoir Replybullet Topic: Thinning earlobes after 1 1/2 & allergy to acrylic
    Posted: June/15/2009 at 9:36pm
http://i40.tinypic.com/2le5fuv.jpg
(a link of my ears - currently)
http://i41.tinypic.com/2d8jm7d.jpg
(this is a link of my ears when they were terribly infected and leaking)

so i downsized three times before i went up to 1 1/2, i was having problems once i got these black acrylic plugs in. they went in just fine (i taped my lobes very slow, probably 2 wraps a week, or whenever it felt loose enough to add more tape) and after a few days got VERY infected, my ears were leaking, and the washers on each side of the plug (because they had no flare on them) were cutting into my lobe in the back, my ears were actually leaking, and dripping fluid..

prior to this my ears had very bad blowouts from a smaller stretch i had made, a long time ago (in 04 to be exact) and from them on i've had problems with my lobes. i've recently noticed that when my ears had the allergic reaction to the acrylic and the washed dug into the back of my ear, it created a huge amount of scar tissue, and when i wear my plugs my ear gets flat there, it sort of like paydough now, really disgusting.. ive also been wanting to get my ears to 2" and stop there, though the inside of my ears are very thin, and worry me (you can actually see the purple blood vessels in them!)

i have been rubbing vitamin e oil on them (i havent for a while now) but when i was using it everyday, and leaving my plus out during the night, i didnt see ANY improvement on the thin part on my ear.. i was wondering if i should even try to thicken them up, or would it be a stupid idea if i tried to stretch any further?

it sucks that the inside of my ear is the only thin part of the whole thing! and i would like to go to 2" but i fear that nothing can thicken my lobes enough to get to that size.

and for the record, i've had my ears at a solid 1 1/2 since feb. now, so its been a while.
Vox;
Dead Twitch of a Drowning rose.
IP IP Logged
nickortizzle
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote nickortizzle Replybullet Posted: June/15/2009 at 10:29pm
been in this situation before. i just downsized for a while and then kept back on my way. i does kinda suck tho. i have some scar tissue on my right lobe that most likely will never go away, but all i can do is stretch very slowly. i have the purple vain in my lobe, but i haven't had any problem since i was at 1" and got a MAJOR infection. try using emu oil once it heals i use it and it works pretty good
IP IP Logged
linda
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote linda Replybullet Posted: June/16/2009 at 1:48am
My advice would be to downsize A LOT and for a long time, and give them lots of oil rubs (once they are healed enough to do this) until your lobes feel completely normal and healthy again. And then never wear acrylic again, obviously :-)
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: June/16/2009 at 3:35am
I agree, downsize A LOT. And do not use Acrylic plugs to stretch, they're not suitable for fresh stretched ears. The best is glass, in my opinion.
IP IP Logged
Uraniumhobo
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 105

Quote Uraniumhobo Replybullet Posted: June/16/2009 at 4:27am
lots of time, tape, oil, and patience
Ah ha-ha, chess. The ancient contest of wits. Two opponents: mano a mano. Braino a braino. And look: magnets for ease of travel. You could play chess on the moon.
IP IP Logged
Vox_Abattoir
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote Vox_Abattoir Replybullet Posted: June/16/2009 at 2:04pm
judging by the thinness of my ears on the inside, do you think i'd be able to even make it to 2" ?
Vox;
Dead Twitch of a Drowning rose.
IP IP Logged
Uraniumhobo
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 105

Quote Uraniumhobo Replybullet Posted: June/16/2009 at 2:58pm
if you keep downsizing for a while and restretching you should be able to buildup tissue, when i downsize i leave them out for a month or 2 minumum and they get considerable smaller, but its whats best for your ears and you have them all your life so i wouldnt worry about time

but as long as you take care of them, you can get them as big as you want
Ah ha-ha, chess. The ancient contest of wits. Two opponents: mano a mano. Braino a braino. And look: magnets for ease of travel. You could play chess on the moon.
IP IP Logged
rebman
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 12

Quote rebman Replybullet Posted: September/01/2009 at 2:01am
I have had my ears @ 1 inch once, 7/8ths twice, and 3/4ths 3 times.. I go so big then downsize. I plan on staying around one inch.
IP IP Logged
morgannn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote morgannn Replybullet Posted: December/31/2009 at 2:44pm
I really think downsizing for a little bit would be beneficial. Use vitamin E and JoJoBa oil. Sometimes damage can't be repaired though. My ears have thin spots as well. I would say it's safe to continue stretching but be very careful, and don't push past your ears limits.
Morgannn.
IP IP Logged
morgannn
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote morgannn Replybullet Posted: December/31/2009 at 2:44pm
Oh, and you're beaut the way !
Morgannn.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version