General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : General BodyMod.org Chit-Chat
Message Icon Topic: Your Jobs with Mods.... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 6 Next >>
TCJ08
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote TCJ08 Replybullet Topic: Your Jobs with Mods....
    Posted: March/05/2009 at 2:54am
I was just curious what kind of jobs all of you guys out there have. obviouslt some are working in the field. but for all of you who aren't i just wondered what you do. Also. What you have to do about your mods and or hair colour.

Going on a new job hunt and i really like my pink hair and love my mods of course just seeing what jobs i could get away with having both.

"Don't Be A Waste of Skin"

IP IP Logged
belle
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 25

Quote belle Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 3:11am
im a hairdresser, so hair colour aint a problem. as for anything else i work for myself, so its no worries.
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

IP IP Logged
lil lucifer
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote lil lucifer Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 3:22am
I work in a hospital. Its a public hospital and Im a government employee so I can get away with whatever I like appearance wise so long as Im clean..lol
Not sure about other countries but here and esp in the govo one cant be discriminated against for what they look like etc. The guy that runs, yep runs the main post office in town is one of the most modded people in this city. Again govo employee. Myself and Most of my mates waited to get our govo or public service jobs before they opened up on the mods. I didnt have visible tatts and took my original labret and snake bites out and only had 4g ears when I applied and got it. Then just started back up. You still have to be aware of how other people you work with may treat you let alone any public you may work with.
Oh and if your a nurse or have some qualification in demand youll be right aswell. I work with nurses that have facial piercings, stretched ears and bigger and way more visible tats than me. One has pink hair like yours..lol. Become a nurse and come work in Australia. You can look however you want so long as your good at what you do  and carry your self proffesionally.

Edited by lil lucifer - March/05/2009 at 3:25am
Guns are for show, Knives are for a pro!
IP IP Logged
skincrayon
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote skincrayon Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 3:37am
i only have one visible mod...so its usually well received during the interview.

i currently work in a machine shop, but ive worked in several other factory/production plants, along with working at a resturant as a cook and as a sale associate at several retail chains...

anything where you work with the public directly will usually require you to hide/remove your facial mods...though girls seem to get more slack ive noticed.
IP IP Logged
ihaveonlyme
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 59

Quote ihaveonlyme Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 4:34am
I work at a DirecTV call center. Most call centers don't usually care if you have mods.
You might not share my views on politics, religion, or several other notable topics; if you ever attain my level of knowledge, you will, though.
IP IP Logged
sweetiehoneybab
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 36

Quote sweetiehoneybab Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 4:52am
I'm a hairdresser its an alternative salon so we can be as modded as we want.
my boss actually has more ink than i do. :)
IP IP Logged
Jesykka
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 31

Quote Jesykka Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 5:35am

(Company name removed so as not to risk losing my job Wink) sure woudn't employ you.

I'm only going on your hair colour too. I can't see anything else in your pic'.

I have to cover everything up/take everything out.

Blah. It sucks.

But, that's their rule, and they're keeping me employed.

I work the service desk too. So I'm the first person customers/ anyone visiting sees. The store's first impression, as I am so reminded. Hm.

Edited by Jesykka - March/05/2009 at 5:36am
"I get modified for the current trendy vanity worth, im a complete twat, one day all my piercings will be taken out anyway."-Kashina
IP IP Logged
howellbe
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote howellbe Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 6:57am
i'm pretty weird to look at--lip, septum, nostril, plugs, and eyebrow ring and I also have no eyebrows and a hot pink mohawk. I get strange looks a lot of the time.

i work as a technician for the IT department at my college. Its a good job--had it my entire time at this college and had the entire time at my last college... its really not that bad. My boss doesn't give a shit as long as I'm a good worker.  although she did ask me to remove my septum when she saw it. I pushed it up in my nose and she shuddered and dismissed me, lol. She said it made me look like a bull. but generally my boss doesn't really care.

I'm an art fibers major so I'm hoping to get a job teaching art at another college... hopefully I can find a progressive, open minded department to work in. I wouldn't mind getting a wig, and I can find retainers for my piercings (although I do eventually want to get face microdermals...) and I'm not getting any outwardly visible tattoos any time soon... I don't have eyebrows though but I have an excuse--they were burned off.

I'm worried about work in the meantime though... i won't always have this job... i need to start saving for a wig... i wonder how much the real looking ones go for....
If you help me, know that I greatly appreciate it. Have a good day/night... -Z
IP IP Logged
jinglegrimp
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 0

Quote jinglegrimp Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 7:04am
i work in a warehouse........i have alot of visible mods.i never really had any problems with them in my work place apart from the odd person wanting to stick their finger through my ears. i recently found out there was going to be redundances so i kinda crapped my pants. i didnt know how a new employer would percieve me but luckily i found out that my job is safe......thank fuck.  :)
IP IP Logged
jackybacky
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote jackybacky Replybullet Posted: March/05/2009 at 7:08am
I worked in a nursing home for bupa, in which i had to remove my mods, but was allowed to wear retainers, iam now working in a nursery and they dont seem to mind, i take out my snakebites but leave everything else and their fine with it.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version