Message Icon Topic: *Ahem* A rant. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4
xevious
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 119

Quote xevious Replybullet Posted: October/04/2010 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Aya McCabre

I'm expecting my regular shop to get bussier now that there's a new hack in town. I don't deny that he's tallented but he works drunk without an outline. I'm guessing I'll hear a lot of complaints about another shop in town where the owner is.... Unplesant..... And the customers will expect him to match the $60 they paid for the sleeve in the first place. Hopefully they'll learn their lesson.

Most won't. There is a ton of people that prefer cheap work, and don't mind the quality, because the just want to have a tattoo, and they want it cheap.
I have titties.
IP IP Logged
TattooBox
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 53

Quote TattooBox Replybullet Posted: October/05/2010 at 7:32pm
True. Reasonnable quality tattoo is for 10% of customers.
Top quality work for 1%.
And complete shit for 30 or 40%.

Today I had a customer coming back for touch ups. Made him his appointment. His friend, covered with the most ordinary shit, says me "my brother works as tattoo artist". Well... cool. "Well yes you probably know him, he lives in blah blah town, his name is mad max, he makes tattoo competitions and he's the best in europe"... I'm sorry Sir, there isn't such a thing as tattoo competitions. "Well you should get informed".

Talking with idiots is a horrible waste of time and energy. Went back to draw. Probably to prepare for some tattoo competition...

Plus, they sincerely believe that the scratcher down the street is the best, and that they have the best tattoos in the world. And they live happy in their world. And I'm happy for them. 

Edited by TattooBox - October/05/2010 at 7:35pm
When you have a arguement with an idiot, the most tangible proof that he's an idiot is his unability to leave peacefully a discussion that can obviously bring nothing.
IP IP Logged
Saint Tigeress
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote Saint Tigeress Replybullet Posted: October/06/2010 at 1:35am
These people do the same thing everywhere.

Today someone walked into where I work and wanted a deal on an iphone. I explained that the retail cost is $599.99 and that you can only extend contracts and get the $400 off so often. They had the option to extend early and get $200 off instead of $400, so it would cost her $400 instead of $600. They stormed out and said they would take their business to eBay. They will be disappointed to find used iPhone 4's on eBay selling for well over $400. I don't knock them for not wanting to spend that much on a phone, I wouldn't either, but there's no reason to be a douche about it. I don't know where this sense of entitlement comes from.

People walk in all the time and say, "I've been with the company for x amount of years so they should give me a free phone."

Um, no. You can shop for a free phone.

I don't walk up to the cashier at Wal-Mart and say, "I've been shopping here since I was old enough to walk! You should give me this for free! What?! I'm going to K-Mart!"

I don't call the dam electric company and bitch about being a customer for x amount of years and still having to pay for my ceiling fan when it breaks.

Apparently these things really happen. These people make they're rounds.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version