Stick your foot up her ass.
In Love!!!!!!!
IP IP Logged
PippaG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 32

Quote PippaG Replybullet Posted: March/09/2009 at 5:23pm
We used to get those kinda people in the studio I last worked in.
DC:"how much is a tattoo?"
ME:"Well it depends on the design, but our minimum charge is £30 and for session work it's £60 per hour"
DC:"£60?!?!! Why?"
ME"That's how it is I'm afraid, you want quality work then you need to expect to pay for it"
DC:"the place near me is £40"
ME:"Well go there then!"

Some people are just so infuriating that you wouldn't want to work on them anyway
IP IP Logged
mrDahmer
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote mrDahmer Replybullet Posted: March/09/2009 at 5:31pm
£60 per hour is pretty cheap. I was lucky with my last studio because I knew the artist and he did my stuff after hours at a reduced rate :D

In Brighton you'd be lucky to find anywhere good for under £80 an hour. Some people are idiots when it comes to tattoos though. I think they just assume that artists are like any other business and they can have anything they want if they pay for it.
IP IP Logged
xevious
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 119

Quote xevious Replybullet Posted: March/09/2009 at 5:38pm
Lol, I had some ghetto kid come in yesterday, this was our conversation.

Ghetto kid (GK): So I got dis stuffs on mah arm, and I jus wanna know how much to put some clouds or some smoke or something behind what I alreddy got dere.

Me: Oh, you got some large spots there. I'd say about $400 to fill in the rest.

GK: WTF? THAT'S SPENSIVE!

Me: actually, that's pretty cheap for a good shop.

GK: are you kiddin me? I got the res ov dis here fo two fiddy! (it's a bunch of shit that covers the rest of both his biceps)

Me: well, that explains it. As I said, $400 to fill in the rest of your bicep is preety fuckin sweet from a good shop. If you want, you can go look at our portfolios over there. If youre interested, I'll be over here.

He stood there with a look of shock on his face for a couple seconds, and then turned around and left. Thats okay, there's PLENTY of ghetto shops around he can go to. I don't mind telling people that I'm not going to go down in my price. For as much as I turn away because my work is worth more, I still have a steady supply of customers, so...
I have titties.
IP IP Logged
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 78

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: March/10/2009 at 9:20am
I'm sorry
IP IP Logged
AltheaRose
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 47

Quote AltheaRose Replybullet Posted: March/11/2009 at 3:54am
I've got some crap work, but I'd never randomly go into a studio and ask a random artist to "fix" something, it's completely unfair to the artist. Like you said, it's not your responsibility to fix someone's fuck up, especially if it's some crap home job. Granted, I've got some really nice pieces that have been done in dining rooms. . .

The only piece I want "fixed" is my Lateralus eye. The guy that originally did it doesn't work at that shop anymore, but there's another guy in the same shop that has done a few other Alex Grey pieces on my friends and I would only ask him to touch it up when I'm going to him to get another piece so I'm not completely wasting his time.

I wish people weren't so fucking dumb.
IP IP Logged
Nurse_Maddie
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 7

Quote Nurse_Maddie Replybullet Posted: March/30/2009 at 2:27am
Oh i feel your pain! I work in a different industry but deal with the same shit.

People that think they rule the shop because theyre spending $10K on a ring doesnt fly with me. I wont be rude to them, but if someone is rude to me, and belittles me, im not going to go out of my way for them. Its like when someone comes into my shop and the first they they say is "whats the best price you can do on this watch" and just points to a counter. fuck off!

Customers are such dickheads sometimes. And are definitely NOT always right.
the beat, the bass, the melody
IP IP Logged
ZombiePhlegm
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 17

Quote ZombiePhlegm Replybullet Posted: May/26/2009 at 10:36am
Tattoo shop were im getting my second tattoo charges £20 an hour xD but i've seen their work and it's very good, i wouldn't tust another piercer with my face, they've done my ear and my labret, the cost doesn't always denote the quality, these guys just get a lot of buisness because their the only piercers that isn't a in a Blue Bannana. I fucking love visting Lincoln ;)
IP IP Logged
Dakota V
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Dakota V Replybullet Posted: May/26/2009 at 12:32pm
£20 an hour!? jeeeez! 
The night is full of holes, as bullets rip at sky of ink with gold
They twinkle as the boys play rock n roll
They know that they can't dance, at least they know
IP IP Logged
sapphirelazuli
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 122

Quote sapphirelazuli Replybullet Posted: July/06/2009 at 7:39am
We do reworks, but only if it's salvageable. Some old tattoos are just beyond repair. But hell, we pick and choose. At the end of the day, we're putting our name on it.

Also; £20 an hour?! Christ, that's.... almost scary. :| Makes you wonder what shit quality inks and needles they're buying if they can afford to make that little money an hour.
[ zara | 25 years old | scottish | body piercer ]
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version