Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Is It Just Me?.... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
gsfkrystina
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote gsfkrystina Replybullet Topic: Is It Just Me?....
    Posted: February/06/2009 at 2:46am
Or do any of you guys like the smell of your own plugs and tunnels? haha

***edited to fix terminology since people keep bitching.

Edited by eatenplacenta - February/06/2009 at 2:55am
IP IP Logged
eatenplacenta
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 160

Quote eatenplacenta Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 3:03am
i don't get ear funk but some of my other larger gauge piercings do, like my nostril piercings and septum piercing. my labret piercing and conch punches have their own funk, too. my septum and nostril piercings tend to have varying scents. i've noticed that sometimes my septum and/or nostril piercings will give off a smell like hershey kisses or peanut butter. when healing from stretches my septum gave off a stench not unlike a dirty fishtank or dead flesh. sometimes it smells like cooked chicken, too. my septum piercing has been at the same size now for two and a half years, and my nostril piercings for a little longer than that, so they are well beyond healing, but the smells still change even if i wear the same jewellery materials. i guess it differs based on my body's health and what i'm eating or drinking. it is quite interesting actually. once i was wearing a kaos silicone eyelet in my septum piercing and i got a sinus infection. not only was it harsh and disgusting, i could literally smell something was wrong. even with constant care i can't really wear silicone so i just don't bother. it is a crappy material for jewellery anyways. however my labret piercing and conch punches tend to have the same funk, they don't change. it is a tad bit different when healing from a recent stretch, but not incredibly. same goes for jewellery materials. 
i think i figured out the ultimate reason why i modify: i just like touching myself.
IP IP Logged
childofthewild
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 72

Quote childofthewild Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 3:46am
I have my septum pierced and I stretched it up to a 12g and i'm going to go up to an 10g soon and I've definitely noticed a difference in how much it smells. I know it smells because of just the general mucous lining and the dead skin cells coming from the piercing, and yes, the combination really does smell bad. My ears do this as well. They are at a 6g right now and definitely have that "cheesy" smell from the dead skin.
You can always get rid of the smell by washing the piercing with some antibacterial soap and water. Its really just personal preference how often you want to, just try not to dry out the piercing.

Edited by childofthewild - February/06/2009 at 3:46am
IP IP Logged
Grendel
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Grendel Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 3:49am
My lobes smell a bit, and my septum also smelled for a day after I changed from a retainer to a CBR ( had it pierced with a retainer )

I actually dont think i smell that bad haha

Edited by Grendel - February/06/2009 at 3:49am
IP IP Logged
FortuneRed
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote FortuneRed Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 3:51am
I always get stink from my gauged lobe and nostril.. but I dont enjoy it much haha.
there were never any good old days. they are today, they are tomorrow.
IP IP Logged
rddw3
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote rddw3 Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 3:55am
My apy used to smell a little, but not that much after I started taking it out and washing the jewelry every time I took a shower.
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 4:14am
I love my septum funk myself haha, even though i love it only when it comes with glass jewelry. As for my labret i hate it, i wash it everyday to prent it, as i really dislike the feeling of it.
IP IP Logged
ch33z3x
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote ch33z3x Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 4:39am
I like the smell of the gloves after the piercing. 
The golden rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.
IP IP Logged
lil lucifer
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote lil lucifer Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 5:38am
mmm I wouldnt say I like it (my ear funk) but it is er interesting and I always have to smell it a few times to be sure of, well something. lol. Its like I keep smelling it to find out something or work it out. My PA had a strange sort of raw meat smell when It was brand new and healing. A cross between the metalic blood smell and adrenaline. Like the smell of fresh car crash wounds but not as strong. Anyone that works In an operating theatre, ER or as a paramedic would know the smell.

Edited to include Vets. My gf is a vet nurse and she says dogs hit by cars have a similar smell too.

Edited by lil lucifer - February/06/2009 at 5:41am
Guns are for show, Knives are for a pro!
IP IP Logged
SaberLette
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote SaberLette Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 5:53am
hm
it doesnt stink to me but its not something i like and will sit there inhaling it over and over....
but since i ben  wearing a silicon plug it doesnt really stink anymore or anything...i dunoy..
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version