<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Piercings
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Piercings
Message Icon Topic: Just want to vent! A story of my septum troubles. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
piercede5
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote piercede5 Replybullet Topic: Just want to vent! A story of my septum troubles.
    Posted: February/05/2009 at 9:14pm
< ="CONTENT-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="GENERATOR" content="Office.org 3.0 (Win32)">< ="text/">

I just wanted to vent my frustrations to people who've probably had similar experiences Propeller

So I got my septum pierced about three weeks ago. Everything has been going well, but lately I've been playing with the jewelry (retainer) constantly. I don't even mean to, I'm just watching tv or something and notice myself flipping it up and down. I know this isn't good for a new piercing so I thought I'd put a plug in it, figuring changing jewelry once during the healing process is better than constantly playing with it.

Fortunately I have a new glass no-flare plug retainer that will be perfect! I take out the old retainer and try to put in the new. Can't find the hole. Okay, find my calor-style taper set, find the hole, start putting the glass plug in...and drop it on the white carpet! Censored Let me tell ya, it takes quite a while to find a clear 14g 1/4" long piece of glass on white carpet, but I found it! Try again. Success! Now to put the other o-ring on the plug... After a lot of struggling I drop the white o-ring and can't find it. I don't have any other 14g o-rings, crap! Yell

My last resort...good thing I have some extra 14g ss barbells lying around. Grab my taper and put the barbell in. Now to screw the ball on the end of the barbell. My nostrils are not large enough to fit my fingers in, aaahhhhhh! Bang%20Head  After MUCH struggling I get the ball on. I grab the barbell ends with forceps and tighten the crap out of out the balls.

Needless to say my septum is slightly irritated now (bleeding). Chainsaw Oh well, I guess I'll start the healing process over. At least I can't play with the piercing this time, lol.

Thanks for listening, fell free to share your frustrating stories as well!

IP IP Logged
natedog26
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote natedog26 Replybullet Posted: February/05/2009 at 9:40pm

Mine is four weeks old... and for the last two I have had a bad cold/sinus infection.. so far I still have the piercing but it has taken a bunch of abuse. Had it out for about two days at one point. Still haven't learned the trick to finding the thing after it has been out .. takes forever!

IP IP Logged
KillaD
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote KillaD Replybullet Posted: February/05/2009 at 10:58pm
I stretched the small 16g bar I had in at the time and flipped it up no problem.
Never tried taking it out while healing...Yeah ow. And mine is just fine and dandy.
I use to find where the hole was at by putting a finger up my nose and feeling for it then fed the jewelry through the other side. Now I can find it and switch it out easy.
IP IP Logged
Tali
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote Tali Replybullet Posted: February/05/2009 at 11:25pm
I've had hours of septum trouble in my time (especially when I had a piercing coming out its tip)... if you plan on stretching, get used to what can be a very tricky piercing. 
IP IP Logged
MrGlass
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 9

Quote MrGlass Replybullet Posted: February/05/2009 at 11:56pm
You know you mostly dont need o rings and such for a septum piercing because your nostrils keep it from sliding out and that place rarely gets touched (inside the nose) so you shouldn't worry about o-rings. I have mine stretched as well (at a 00g) and I prefer rounded plugs with no flares or o-rings.
[QUOTE=ichfielunten] ...Just be yourself and hope some one notices that you're awesome...[/QUOTE]
IP IP Logged
piercede5
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote piercede5 Replybullet Posted: February/05/2009 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Tali

if you plan on stretching, get used to what can be a very tricky piercing. 

Lol, looking forward to the fun.  The reason I got it pierced was to eventually wear gigantic cbr's in my nose.
IP IP Logged
standingtyping
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 33

Quote standingtyping Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 12:37am
hmm mines not even two weeks old, an 8 gauge needle was used to pierce it then a 10 gauge retainer was put in. I literally sneezed the retainer out so i went and got an 8 gauge circular barbell, then an 8 gauge pincher. I have had no trouble finding the hole, no bleeding after the first day. the only issue is my cat Napoleon has always bit and headbutted my nose, but now he's learned it really gets a reaction out of me. 3 am if he wants under the cover *bam* I'm awake and moving out of his way. Busy reading and Napo wants to play fetch *wham* my attention is totally on him.  He also bites it a LOT. if these thing doesn't get infected cat spit is clearly the new anti-bac rinse!

*edit* I SSS it after the cat nibbles on it!

Edited by standingtyping - February/06/2009 at 12:41am
"One day we will be the most awesome crazy cat ladies EVER...
people will know us."
IP IP Logged
pierced_kitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote pierced_kitten Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 1:11am
lol I just go to my piercer if I need help removing/putting in my jewelry.
IP IP Logged
zymotic
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote zymotic Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 1:12am
I wish I had got my pierced way larger. Like 8g. I've had mine for 5 weeks and I'm going to start the long process of stretching it soon. I hate tiny holes.
Warning: I'm going to ask a lot of stupid questions. I probably asked a stupid question in the post you're reading this under!
IP IP Logged
Voxplayer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 70

Quote Voxplayer Replybullet Posted: February/06/2009 at 1:42am
when i first got mine pierced about eight years ago i wore it for a tad, got it to a 6ga just to sneeze out the retainer into a napkin at Damons.  I never noticed til the next day.  I kept it out for the longest time, at least 3 yeahrs or so.  I put a 14 horseshoe in just to see if the hole was still thewre and it started stretching really quick (first pierced at an 8ga).  Within a few months i was back to 6ga and now im sitting at 7mm.  pretty fun stuff but if you are ever weanting to stretch yours thats when you will probably come across some frustrations.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version