<<<  Return to the BodyMod.org Community
  Active TopicsActive Topics  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  
Gaming
 BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : Gaming
Message Icon Topic: Left 4 Dead Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
Author Message
kvinna
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 3

Joined: January/12/2009
Posts: 151
Quote kvinna Replybullet Posted: December/11/2009 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by ZombiePhlegm



Zombie invasion = shit loads of meele.

you wanna bring a dead town rushing after you? Gunshots are loud!
That's why I said "when you must."  I figure your best bet for survival would be to avoid fighting as much as possible and get out of the city and urban areas.  While you're stuck fighting the hordes to escape, you want quiet, efficient weapons.  Most people would die trying to fight zombies with swords and shit they are not trained to use.

I'd realistically have something to inflict sufficient blunt-force trauma (crowbar or a baseball bat), something fool-proof like a machete, a knife,  and some type of ranged weapon (preferably something silenced with spare ammo that won't weigh too much).  Of course, I'd try to hole myself up somewhere I was well-supplied, had a source of food and fresh water, and was capable of waiting things out for some time, avoid unnecessary fighting, and never take in "survivors."
If you think I have better things to do you're sadly mistaken.
IP IP Logged
Veilside
Mod-let
Mod-let
Avatar

Total Mods: 6

Joined: April/28/2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2101
Quote Veilside Replybullet Posted: December/13/2009 at 3:51pm
I don't know why you're using words like "realistically" when discussing your fictional reactions to the fictional undead.

Edited by Veilside - December/13/2009 at 3:52pm
"so its personal attacks now veilside?? well if thats the way its gonna be i think your a candyass little bitch twat raver with a closed minded point of view."


IP IP Logged
MonStarr
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 0

Joined: June/22/2009
Posts: 618
Quote MonStarr Replybullet Posted: December/13/2009 at 4:12pm
I'm getting L4D2 in a few weeks for the PC,should be exciting.
IP IP Logged
ZombiePhlegm
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder


Total Mods: 17

Joined: May/23/2009
Posts: 1793
Quote ZombiePhlegm Replybullet Posted: December/13/2009 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Veilside

I don't know why you're using words like "realistically" when discussing your fictional reactions to the fictional undead.


bcause we're discussing a hypothetical reality in which the dead are coming back to life, you think of it in a realistic mind set with certain rules pertaining to the un-dead, I go with the Solanum Zombies, their the most entertaining zombies to plan for.

It's like planning for a hurricane when you live in england, not very likely too happen but you still have to think realisticly.

The Unbreakable!
IP IP Logged
ZombiePhlegm
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder


Total Mods: 17

Joined: May/23/2009
Posts: 1793
Quote ZombiePhlegm Replybullet Posted: December/13/2009 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by kvinna

Originally posted by ZombiePhlegm



Zombie invasion = shit loads of meele.

you wanna bring a dead town rushing after you? Gunshots are loud!
That's why I said "when you must."  I figure your best bet for survival would be to avoid fighting as much as possible and get out of the city and urban areas.  While you're stuck fighting the hordes to escape, you want quiet, efficient weapons.  Most people would die trying to fight zombies with swords and shit they are not trained to use.

I'd realistically have something to inflict sufficient blunt-force trauma (crowbar or a baseball bat), something fool-proof like a machete, a knife,  and some type of ranged weapon (preferably something silenced with spare ammo that won't weigh too much).  Of course, I'd try to hole myself up somewhere I was well-supplied, had a source of food and fresh water, and was capable of waiting things out for some time, avoid unnecessary fighting, and never take in "survivors."


I'd go with a crowbar. If I can find one I'd go with a crossbow, the ammo is retrivable and with a little bit of know how you can make your own bolts.

protection-wise I'l jump into a vinatge army surplus store and get a heavy wollen trench coat, wrap duct tape around the arms and forearms leaving room to bend at the elbows, duct tape going over the shoulders. Your typical sorta bite zones. I'd refuse to cut my hair... so I'd probably tie that up or snatch myself a hat.

you'd want some thick woolen fingerless gloves as well, help your hands from the cold of the crowbar and also make it shake less against your hand.

for my legs i'd go with leather Motorbike trousers, would be very safe against anything going for your ankles, I'd get a large pair of 14 eyelet steel toe boots with a bit of weight to them allowing you to kick. something thick underneath the coat


The Unbreakable!
IP IP Logged
kvinna
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 3

Joined: January/12/2009
Posts: 151
Quote kvinna Replybullet Posted: December/14/2009 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by ZombiePhlegm



I'd go with a crowbar. If I can find one I'd go with a crossbow, the ammo is retrivable and with a little bit of know how you can make your own bolts.

protection-wise I'l jump into a vinatge army surplus store and get a heavy wollen trench coat, wrap duct tape around the arms and forearms leaving room to bend at the elbows, duct tape going over the shoulders. Your typical sorta bite zones. I'd refuse to cut my hair... so I'd probably tie that up or snatch myself a hat.

you'd want some thick woolen fingerless gloves as well, help your hands from the cold of the crowbar and also make it shake less against your hand.

for my legs i'd go with leather Motorbike trousers, would be very safe against anything going for your ankles, I'd get a large pair of 14 eyelet steel toe boots with a bit of weight to them allowing you to kick. something thick underneath the coat

Lucky for me I've already got most of the protective gear I'd ever need and some nice, broken in steel toe boots. With the climate out here, cold is not as much of a concern.  I'd like to have the appropriate gear to protect me, of course.  Then, I'd head out to my aunt's ranch a few states over.  She's a bit of a "survivalist nut" as my mom puts it, so I think we'd be set lol.

Anyway, I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 again this week and I have a new favorite melee weapon: good ol' Chompski the gnome. greytongue  Yes, yes.  Realistically, it is a horrible weapon, but it's funny.
If you think I have better things to do you're sadly mistaken.
IP IP Logged
AmiiMetalFace
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder


Total Mods: 29

Joined: December/11/2007
Posts: 970
Quote AmiiMetalFace Replybullet Posted: January/01/2010 at 10:17am
....
Anoo's sitting beside me. Left4Dead 2 is DAMN ADDICTIVE.
 
 
i love the new additions.
 
 
WIN
AMII(L)ANOO&BABA



AMII(L)SOPHIE



29 weeks. :3 due 1st April 2010!
IP IP Logged
anoobubbles
Mod-let
Mod-let


Total Mods: 2

Joined: February/04/2009
Posts: 66
Quote anoobubbles Replybullet Posted: January/16/2010 at 2:03pm
I R LOVE LEFT 4 DEAD2! Though I don't like when I play it lots, then when I try to sleep and a car alarm goes off. I absolutely SHIT myself xD

Edited by anoobubbles - January/16/2010 at 2:04pm
IP IP Logged
wetizm
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder


Total Mods: 12

Joined: May/10/2011
Posts: 155
Quote wetizm Replybullet Posted: March/20/2013 at 10:32pm
Just started playing it again and put my girl and my son onto it! They both love it but Mini me cant play it as much as he wants cuz hes 8. But regardless... BUMP!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



This page was generated in 0.363 seconds.