Quote Wallie Replybullet Posted: November/26/2009 at 6:42pm
left 4 dead 2 = Awesome
IP IP Logged
kvinna
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote kvinna Replybullet Posted: December/10/2009 at 12:13am
Yeah.  In Left for Dead 2 you get a skillet for a melee weapon.... that is all kinds of win.
If you think I have better things to do you're sadly mistaken.
IP IP Logged
Veilside
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote Veilside Replybullet Posted: December/10/2009 at 12:59pm
Almost as win as a cricket bat.
"so its personal attacks now veilside?? well if thats the way its gonna be i think your a candyass little bitch twat raver with a closed minded point of view."

IP IP Logged
Boogieforme
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 11

Quote Boogieforme Replybullet Posted: December/10/2009 at 6:28pm
Or a guitar :) *guitar here!*

Edited by Boogieforme - December/10/2009 at 6:28pm
- Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost -
IP IP Logged
CptMorghan
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 15

Quote CptMorghan Replybullet Posted: December/10/2009 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Wallie

left 4 dead 2 = Awesome
+1
IP IP Logged
kvinna
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote kvinna Replybullet Posted: December/10/2009 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Boogieforme

Yeah... but in a real zombie invasion, I wouldn't recommend using a guitar as a weapon.  Not very effective.greytongue

Edited by kvinna - December/10/2009 at 9:29pm
IP IP Logged
Braids
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 30

Quote Braids Replybullet Posted: December/10/2009 at 10:34pm
i love the cricket bat...killin zombies all shaun of the dead style. n if you wanna play my name is TDO Braids on there
omnomnom
IP IP Logged
Veilside
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 6

Quote Veilside Replybullet Posted: December/11/2009 at 4:26am
Originally posted by kvinna

Originally posted by Boogieforme

Yeah... but in a real zombie invasion, I wouldn't recommend using a guitar as a weapon.  Not very effective.greytongue

Because a frying pan would be?
"so its personal attacks now veilside?? well if thats the way its gonna be i think your a candyass little bitch twat raver with a closed minded point of view."

IP IP Logged
kvinna
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote kvinna Replybullet Posted: December/11/2009 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Veilside

Realistically it's more effective than a guitar.  The guitar is heavier and takes a greater amount of force to swing around.  You'd get tired very easily.  Not to mention the way the weight is distributed, a guitar is very unwieldy, and probably not as accurate as the skillet.  Plus, a guitar is bound to get smashed and broken being used to hit all those zombies, and the neck is liable to snap.  If it's acoustic, it's hollow, and then you have to take the greater amount of wind resistance into consideration, and the fact that it will break even easier. Getting hit with the wooden/fiberglass body of a guitar also wouldn't hurt much in comparison to other weapons.

Lots of skillets are made in one piece, which means the likelihood that one will break in a fight is pretty low. The skillet is also a good size for swinging around, so you'd probably be able to do more damage with it and your accuracy would increase.  Plus it's easier to carry around.  One advantage of the guitar is that it has a greater reach, but the skillet is sturdier and more reliable. 

I would rather be armed with a skillet than a guitar in a real fight.  Now, if I had the choice between a skillet and, let's say, a small chainsaw, I'd rather use the chainsaw... until it ran out of fuel.  But, in the unlikely event we were dealing with real zombies, I'd actually prefer not use a melee weapon.  I would assume it would be about using ranged weapons when you must and staying under the radar and running the fuck away otherwise.

Edited by kvinna - December/11/2009 at 2:21pm
IP IP Logged
ZombiePhlegm
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 17

Quote ZombiePhlegm Replybullet Posted: December/11/2009 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by kvinna

Originally posted by Veilside

Realistically it's more effective than a guitar.  The guitar is heavier and takes a greater amount of force to swing around.  You'd get tired very easily.  Not to mention the way the weight is distributed, a guitar is very unwieldy, and probably not as accurate as the skillet.  Plus, a guitar is bound to get smashed and broken being used to hit all those zombies, and the neck is liable to snap.  If it's acoustic, it's hollow, and then you have to take the greater amount of wind resistance into consideration, and the fact that it will break even easier. Getting hit with the wooden/fiberglass body of a guitar also wouldn't hurt much in comparison to other weapons.

Lots of skillets are made in one piece, which means the likelihood that one will break in a fight is pretty low. The skillet is also a good size for swinging around, so you'd probably be able to do more damage with it and your accuracy would increase.  Plus it's easier to carry around.  One advantage of the guitar is that it has a greater reach, but the skillet is sturdier and more reliable. 

I would rather be armed with a skillet than a guitar in a real fight.  Now, if I had the choice between a skillet and, let's say, a small chainsaw, I'd rather use the chainsaw... until it ran out of fuel.  But, in the unlikely event we were dealing with real zombies, I'd actually prefer not use a melee weapon.  I would assume it would be about using ranged weapons when you must and staying under the radar and running the fuck away otherwise.

Zombie invasion = shit loads of meele.

you wanna bring a dead town rushing after you? Gunshots are loud!

The Unbreakable!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version