Tattoos
 BodyMod.org Forum : Body Mods : Tattoos
Message Icon Topic: "Permanent" Make-up? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Guinastasia
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Guinastasia Replybullet Topic: "Permanent" Make-up?
    Posted: September/03/2008 at 7:25pm
Anyone remember this from years ago?  Basically, middle-aged to elderly women getting their faces permanently tattooed with make-up, so they didn't have to reaply?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever come into a tattoo shop here and ask for it?  (I saw a sign advertising it at a local salon and it gave me pause-I thought mostly this was done at dermatologists' offices?)
Quinn: I think people who run over animals should get run over themselves to see how they like it.
Daria: What about unpopular animals?
Quinn: Unpopular animals don't count.
Daria: What about the stupid ones?
IP IP Logged
CheeseStix
Mod-erator
Mod-erator

Total Mods: 71

Quote CheeseStix Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 7:30pm
We have it in a few places around here, not at any tattoo shops. Salons, spa's, etc. Dunno about any dermatologists.
IP IP Logged
AlecTrosex
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 24

Quote AlecTrosex Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 7:59pm
I know a few tattoo artists that do permanent make-up. Most male tattoo artists don't do this style of tattooing.
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 8:05pm
most tattoo artists dont mess with cosmetic tattooing, simply because it's fashion.  fashion changes daily, and tattoos don't.  it's just not worth the hassle of having to explain to people that no, you can't change it, it's there for good.  and fancy women are notoriously critical of their appearances, if you don't do EXACTLY what they have in their heads they'll rip yours off.  we usually recommend those customers to a cosmetic tattooist.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
danyellec
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote danyellec Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 8:10pm
I still see it, along with botox injections, in windows of really trashy beauty salons. They even go so far to advertise it on cardboard. My nan wanted to get it done, but I told her no. Apparently 'Lisa' from big brother in the UK has her eyeliner and eyebrows tattooed on?
Shabbat shalom
IP IP Logged
fiesta
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 28

Quote fiesta Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 8:41pm
usually these type of tattoos are done by a different type of tattoo artist. the tools are different from the normal tattoo machine and the ink is also different.

we have a place where i live that is specific to make up tattoos.

IP IP Logged
metalbabe
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 57

Quote metalbabe Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 9:12pm
i can't help wonder how hygenic the people doing permanent makeup are.

Perplexing people since 1986
IP IP Logged
Guinastasia
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Guinastasia Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 9:29pm
Don't tattoos also tend to blur a bit over time, as one's body ages?  While with regular tattoos, it's not as much of a problem, I can see this being a MAJOR one when it comes to make-up. 

That and trends change-I've read of women who had thick, 80s' style eyeliner done-only to look like complete idiots later.  Plus your complexion changes over time, and you have to play around with different shades at times. 

(I would, however, have permanently manicured nails implanted, if I was ever offered the chance.  Because my nails are terrible, and I can't file them worth a damn)
Quinn: I think people who run over animals should get run over themselves to see how they like it.
Daria: What about unpopular animals?
Quinn: Unpopular animals don't count.
Daria: What about the stupid ones?
IP IP Logged
jim01
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 29

Quote jim01 Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 9:55pm
   one of the artist that has done some of my tattoos has tattooed a few eyebrows and a friend of mine who had cancer there eyebrows didn't grow back so they had them tattooed back on.

Edited by jim01 - September/08/2008 at 8:37pm
IP IP Logged
BrandonV
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 186

Quote BrandonV Replybullet Posted: September/03/2008 at 10:11pm
I have met alot of tattoo artists both male and female that do cosmetic tattooing. I would say that atleast out here a good percentage of tattoo shops offer cosmetic make up they just don't really advertise it. The last three shops I have worked for have all had an artist that was trained in cosmetic tattooing.
Piercings By Brandon @ High Class Tattoo VENTURA

www.myspace.com/brandonvermillion

www.highclasstattoos.com
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version