Message Icon Topic: Closing holes Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
wolfbaden6
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote wolfbaden6 Replybullet Topic: Closing holes
    Posted: August/03/2008 at 4:12am
I got my first piercing (10g in left lobe) a little over 6 months ago and I have stretched it to a 6g in the time since I got it. I want to stretch it more and have a matching in my right ear but I'm worried about the holes not being able to close up. I want to eventually pursue a career in law enforcement and I know that piercings (unfortunately) are frowned upon. My eventual goal is to reach about 1/2" but I know after a certain point the holes won't be able to close on their own.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to possibly reach my goal and have the holes close up?

If it's not possible for them to close, does anybody know what kind of procedure I can have done to close the holes?

Any information/advice/experience is greatly welcomed and appreciated!
IP IP Logged
SierraFoxtrot
Mod God
Mod God

Total Mods: 38

Quote SierraFoxtrot Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 4:21am
Honestly, if you're THAT worried about it not closing up and how you will be perceived, body modification is probably not for you.

I've got problems of my own, but not the kind that can be solved with an atom bomb.
IP IP Logged
wolfbaden6
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote wolfbaden6 Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 4:25am
I'm not worried about how I'll be perceived. I love getting piercings (I have 2 now and I'm looking to get at least 2 more) and I'm still deciding what I want my first tattoo to be. I just want to be able to get a job without a problem when I get older. I'm still young.
IP IP Logged
Ashleigh
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote Ashleigh Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 4:32am
If you stretch your ears to a large size (past 00ga) the best way (as far as I've ever heard on this site) is to get reconstructive surgery to return the ear to a normal size.
IP IP Logged
vanis
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 34

Quote vanis Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 9:18am
honestly depending on how much you want them to close the first mistake was getting pierced with a 10g . but everybody is different on how far they will close down and how big you can go . if your that worried about it take the one out now and just forget about doing the other one
IP IP Logged
rockgod
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 20

Quote rockgod Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 9:29am
I stretched mine up to 12mm. However, I lost my job [redundancy] so I had to make myself look presentable. The holes have shrunk to about 4mm, however you can barely tell that the holes are there unless you stretch the lobe.
Depending on how large you wanna take them there are always options; if you don't take them too large then you can just take them out, if you want to go sick, you can just have them stitched, though it's not cheap.
IP IP Logged
Rouslan
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: -1

Quote Rouslan Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 10:24am

Mods, that is stretched piercings and tattoos (especially always visible ones) are about trying to look somewhat original and not mainstream. If you want mods but don't want to pay the price, don't do them.

Then you'll maybe end up in a few years in a nice corporate job wearing a wonderful suit, surrounded by judgmental and/or frustrated people like you thinking of themselves as being more important than most because they'll have sacrificed some part of their soul for a little bit more money.

Edited by Rouslan - August/03/2008 at 10:25am
IP IP Logged
Carrie_p2005
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 100

Quote Carrie_p2005 Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 1:34pm
2g-0g is generally considered the point of no return.  Everyone is different, so it is impossible to say whether your ears will close completely or how long it will take.  At your desired size, it usually takes up to about a year for the holes to shrink back to a somewhat normal size.  The most important think is to take stretching very slowly and do it properly.  Done incorrectly, you will build up scar tissue that will inhibit your lobes from closing back up.  If you are unsure about proper stretching, read the forum topic about it in FAQ.  Even if you think you know, read it anyway.  There is a lot of valuable information that is based upon knowledge and experience.  If all else fails and your ears will not close, there is reconstructive surgery, but like Rockgod said, it is expensive.
IP IP Logged
wolfbaden6
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote wolfbaden6 Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 1:36pm
Well I guess I should have specified...

I'm only 18 and I still have college to go through.

Also, I already stated that I wanted to go into law enforcement so please don't pass judgement on me.
IP IP Logged
stuffsh
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 28

Quote stuffsh Replybullet Posted: August/03/2008 at 2:20pm
If you're worried about how ear stretches will affect your life then it's plain and simple.... don't do it.

There are plenty of other ways to modify your body which will be less visible and don't affect your future life. If that's all your worried about.

I, however, couldn't give a stuff about what the world thinks of my stretched lobes and therefore am quite happy with my ever growing ear holes :)
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version