BodyMod.org Forum : General Chit-Chat : Gaming
Message Icon Topic: Mac or Windows Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Rouslan
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: -1

Quote Rouslan Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 7:34pm
Unfortunately I don't plan to go to England Jenni.
IP IP Logged
Bimble
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote Bimble Replybullet Posted: July/15/2008 at 3:53pm
erm..everything that works on Windows, works on a mac....dude when the last time you played games, always waiting for the 'Mac' version, and ty Jenni, i don't support Macs at work(thankgod), but im sad to say there are interoperability issues between the 2 systems and sadly windows is the bigger bully.

And yes i love linux flavourless, so strong and robust and low on resource hungriness, what else could you ask for, and when you add X-windows to it to give it a WIMP frontend, oh yes....My bro and i decided if WoW was ever made for Linux we would build 2 machines and never ever have any problems with crashing or that again...c'mon Blizz
There's no place like /localhost
IP IP Logged
luisa
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 5

Quote luisa Replybullet Posted: July/16/2008 at 4:22am
No interoperability issues?!?!  hahaha ... we have a couple of adamant mac users here on our windows network and they certainly have interoperability issues. I could list some but it's boring really.

My response to "why isn't this working?!"  is usually ... "because you're on a mac"

I have nothing against Mac's specifically ... I assume they're fine until you insist on using them on a windows network with windows applications.  It's a pain in the ass having to spend the extended time it takes to try and figure out a Mac problem over a Windows problem, and THEN deal with the pretentious "Macs do everything better, we don't need Windows" attitude from people who are computer n00bs anyway so don't know what they're talking about but still refuse to use Windows in a 99% Windows network.

/end rant

That said, I like Linux the best... Ubuntu ... yay!!!
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: July/16/2008 at 4:10pm
lol, exactly luisa...my mac can do anything your windows box can...except work well with windows boxes...i know a few mac gurus, but seriously, why fucking bother? it's not like linux, where your entire resource system is available, it's just a simplified os that is good for recording sounds, video editing, and pissing of your IT department.
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Tanja1970
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 1

Quote Tanja1970 Replybullet Posted: September/26/2008 at 8:28am
I agree with the pre commend i like the design of the apple stuff and the
community like podcast and stuff.
IP IP Logged
iamstrangepants
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 12

Quote iamstrangepants Replybullet Posted: September/26/2008 at 9:12pm
I love my mac i have been using only macs for years and have had very few problems. Any problems i have had my applecare plan has fixed. I don't game though.
IP IP Logged
isellmisery
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote isellmisery Replybullet Posted: September/26/2008 at 9:20pm
i have no idea what all your linux dodah is...

but i use windows, just cus it was cheaper at the time

and i use vista, but to be fair all i use my computer for is the internet, music and films, not for anything technical [tho if anyone wants to pop round and make my monitor work, i would be much obliged... and it came with the damn pc...]
IP IP Logged
BloodLust26
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote BloodLust26 Replybullet Posted: September/26/2008 at 9:34pm
i have windows vista on my Dell XPS 210and i think it kicks ass to me
IP IP Logged
CrossEyed
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote CrossEyed Replybullet Posted: July/07/2010 at 8:53am
Macs are terrible for issues with routers and stuff. It's just a bunch of BS - they could make it so much simpler for a system claiming to be so simple. Macs are pretty and all (I hate the apple mice) and they have good security and no need to run virus scans and registry scans all the time like Windows.

Windows on the other hand, XP, anyway, is pretty good. It's pretty easy to work with, but when it crashes, it crashes hard.
IP IP Logged
howies
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote howies Replybullet Posted: July/07/2010 at 9:47am
im a mac and linux user. ive used mac for the past 6 years. and lInux since i did computing at a-level. both are good but for everyday tasks i use mac.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version