Message Icon Topic: Mac or Windows Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Bimble
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 3

Quote Bimble Replybullet Topic: Mac or Windows
    Posted: July/14/2008 at 3:47pm
Have your OS rant here..personally Windows wins in the end due to one really big word in IT - Interoperability, the Mac has bugger all and yes i would love the world to be built on macs but its not so they have to suck it up and so do mac users.

Windows may be the OS from satans bowls himself but it has soo much going for it due to corperate big boys and a good few backhanders.

And Mac users, gosh, thinking they are all superior, well wait until that stupid project you have made on some obscure mac only program is needed to be converted into a Windows form, this is not as easy as it sounds without some good bloody converters if at all. And Safari...sigh, IE7/Firefox could of been used on the Mac OS since OS X is just linux and of course linux you just add flavors too and with some clever programming would work fantastically, but no Safari...a stupid romp in a bumpy landrover and maybe you will find what you are looking for.

Soz to rant but finally theres a place for a good discusiion here, i know im biased and would love to see some *healthy* discussion on this :)

oh i will give Mac credit, i forget whioch f key it is that bring up all the windows to pick one, thats an awsopme feature and is much better than alt-tab :)
There's no place like /localhost
IP IP Logged
bondagekitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bondagekitten Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 4:33pm
I am a Vista user and hater, I can't belive I want to go back to XP if my boyfriend can't get Suse running stable on my laptop (poor thing came with Vista on it and my wireless and sound cards don't like linux at the moment).

As for mac's they just break round me, one of the little plasticy laptops shocked me last time I tried to use one.
IP IP Logged
Bimble
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Bimble Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 4:37pm
uuuuurrrr Vista, what a pile of ****, XP has finally gotten stabish and then the dreaded Vista, get rid of it, it uses 1GB of Ram just to run proper by itself, watse of space and has no real differences of XP except a bit prettier and a DFS styly system32 for a morwe robust OS, sadly when i meant robust i meant it doesn't currupt not that its good.....in any way...at all
There's no place like /localhost
IP IP Logged
bondagekitten
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote bondagekitten Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 4:46pm
1gig, my new laptop has 2gig ram and is barely faster than my XP one that had 512mg or roundabout. Linux worked really fast but no sound and the wireless crapping out all the time have made me have to use Vista for now. XP is a dream compared to this s**t. I hated the way it assumed I wanted transparent windows (which I don't even like) and I'm sorry I just want to rant now so I'm sodding off to grab some IrnBru and biccies and going to bed with a book.
IP IP Logged
nikon
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 10

Quote nikon Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 5:03pm
There are no interoperability issues. Any software you run on a windows box you can run on a Macintosh. Safari is a very nice browser, not the one I use but a good one none the less. 
I make my way through this world a man alone, but never lonely.
IP IP Logged
grundstuck
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 19

Quote grundstuck Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 5:50pm
Linux is the best. I hate to pay for programs, and i hate to download them illegally too so i switched to linux ubuntu and fedora on all my home pcs. And i'm not a pc nerd at all haha.
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 23

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 6:35pm
i don't care about games or anything like that, but i bloody love my mac. brilliant little thing.
well i might have somethin' to say about that, space man!
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 6:35pm
and it's F3
IP IP Logged
kcir
BMod Pro
BMod Pro

Total Mods: 4

Quote kcir Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 6:36pm
mac is ok if you want to make pretty pictures. if you want to do anything else...well...
BMOD WARNING: This user is notorious for instigation and general ass-hattery. Please don't take any cynical comments seriously. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Jeeennnnniiiii
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Quote Jeeennnnniiiii Replybullet Posted: July/14/2008 at 7:01pm
all i care about are the pretty pictures.

hell, i just wanted the pretty white computer.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version