BodyMod.org Forum : BodyMod Experiences : Piercing Experiences
Message Icon Topic: "you dirty punk kids" Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
felonious drunk
Mod Zentity
Mod Zentity

Total Mods: 78

Quote felonious drunk Replybullet Posted: February/16/2009 at 9:43pm
Someone asked my friend if he was a Nazi.
He was thrown in traffic and kicked in the face until he stopped moving.

You should have told that bitch that you live with the HiV.
Thrown a Hi5 and spit in her eye.

IP IP Logged
needle_freek
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 30

Quote needle_freek Replybullet Posted: February/17/2009 at 9:27am
ive got sleeves on both my arms and ive got a fair few tattoos on my legs aswell..but it is always my piercings that seem to attract unwanted attention off people..especially my flesh tunnels. it's usually always from old alcoholics at the pubs in the town i live in..it has provoked fights because i feel it's a bit unnecessary for some drunk twat who can barley remember his own name to talk down to me..
IP IP Logged
morbiddoctor
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 22

Quote morbiddoctor Replybullet Posted: February/24/2009 at 4:07am
right after i filed my teeth down i was talking to this girl at work i was trying to get with and she saw them. she got this wide eyed turned on/you actually did it look. later she told me to go show phil (bossman), he never really approved of my stuff. anyways, i smiled at him and he said "theres something wrong with you." i asked what it was and he said i need to go to church. i asked him "why? i didnt do anything wrong." come to think of it, thats when i was living in kansas.
IP IP Logged
endo666
Heavy Modder
Heavy Modder

Total Mods: 14

Quote endo666 Replybullet Posted: February/24/2009 at 10:37pm
i have recently been surprised at how open people are getting towards mods in my town.

i work in local schools (k to12) and i talk with principals and secretary's all the time and had gotten many comments about my nape piercings. they all ask questions of interest. (which doesn't bother me.) i had several say they were cool.
The difference between being eccentric and insane is money. So i guess im insane.
IP IP Logged
tabii
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 4

Quote tabii Replybullet Posted: March/02/2009 at 9:29am
i used to live in washington d.c., which has a lot of problems with safety in its school districts, so my parents had me apply to a charter school.
well, the school accepted me after an interview and all, but it turned into a military academy over the summer - meaning JROTC was mandatory and all that. Now, i didn't have a problem with dying my hair a normal shade of red and wearing a retainer in my nose (that was all I had at the time), but the head of the JROTC took me aside while i was picking up my uniforms, and asked me, "how do you wake up every morning, and look at your face in the mirror and feel good about yourself? why do you mar your face like that?" i was completely shocked. i told him, "just as easily as you do, sir. i paid someone to pierce me because i thought the result would enhance my appearance. looking in the mirror is no hardship."

nobody here in italy looks at me sideways, but my town is pretty small and we have a lot of piercing/tattooing studios in the vicinity.
IP IP Logged
Melsa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total Mods: 2

Quote Melsa Replybullet Posted: September/19/2010 at 9:00pm
It happens ALL THE TIME for me. I'm more heavily tattooed than pierced although I have my fair share of both.

The one that stood out to me most was when I was eating at the Whole Foods cafe and a woman went out of her way to call me disgusting, say some generic remark about how my septum piercing being a bull ring and how she feels sorry for my parents etc. I couldn't help but laugh at her expression when I called her ignorant and told her that I don't like how she looks very much either. Ha!
IP IP Logged
willisb3ast
Mod-let
Mod-let

Total Mods: 0

Quote willisb3ast Replybullet Posted: February/24/2011 at 10:43pm
I get stares from everyone. The mod scene in my town isn't huge but there are enough people here with piercings and/ or tattoos. If I stand on a street corner, and people stopped at the intersection will stare at me with looks of disgust. I don't really pay attention anymore, but after a while it starts to get old. I've also been segregated from groups of people because I have piercings. My Intelligence is also assumed to be at a lower level as well.

My piercings make me who i am, I'm proud to rock them and be the person I want to be. Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?
IP IP Logged
Dregg
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote Dregg Replybullet Posted: March/07/2011 at 7:18pm
I've a coworker that harasses me pretty constantly about my facial piercings.  I take it in stride, but some of the "office mothers" have started to jump down her throat about it.  Tons of fun to watch.

As for public, no one really cares around here.  Even though I've not gotten much done yet, I can still tell the attitudes are shifting towards the positive.
IP IP Logged
SolidOak
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote SolidOak Replybullet Posted: September/16/2011 at 11:07pm
I'm not that modded but I usually respond to people by being overly polite or responding in the *opposite* of how they acted towards me. That really throws people off because they are really just looking to get a rise out of you and when you act like you don't care they just kind of shut up. You can see the look on their faces that they just realized they made an ass out of themselves in public.

My favorite personal story though is this -

I was working at the 'Jewish Community Center' (basically a YMCA but we had a lot of Somali and Ethiopian and Hmong people too) working 4 different positions doing 70 hour weeks. One shift when I was working in the fitness center an old guy whom I never had any issues with flies off the handle about how we were out of equipment wipes and he didn't want to have to use the paper towels and spray bottles. I explained "exactly" why the shortage was and that it was out of my control and I wasn't the person to be yelling at about it. He blows up even more and responds with "I don't have to take this from someone that looks like you" so I then reply with "You would probably never expect someone that looks like me to be an Iraq Veteran either would you?".. He immediately stopped, got really wide eyed and walked away. Then came back after about an hour later  and apologized and sat and swapped old Army stories with me.
IP IP Logged
BiggieSOMD
Mod-let
Mod-let

Quote BiggieSOMD Replybullet Posted: September/19/2011 at 8:40pm
I dont really have too many mods, only a few piercings. However just having a septum and some wild hair has sent a few individuals making comments. The way I look at it, is for every negative comment I get. I get 2 positive comments in return. I even had a little 8yr tug on my shirt at work and ask if my septum hurt. I just crouched down and told her it hurt less then getting my lobes done. She happily ran away to her mom and told her she wants a nose ring. Too young, prolly, but I still got a laugh out of it.

Edited by BiggieSOMD - September/19/2011 at 8:41pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version